• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Lear

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Parker. Please do post more pics. The ones above look great. You seem to wear everything well, which does of course help.

Lear

CaymanS

Reaction score
Let me add to the love fest: Parker kills. Every time. Good ****.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Wow. What is the weight of this fabric?

I think it's about 12 oz. I can't go much heavier or I burn up.

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Always bragging on your physique, bra...
inlove.gif
laugh.gif

doh.. I just meant the garments have those qualities. I need all the help I can get.
tounge.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ Thanks. Any chance we could get a few more pics of that coat out in the wild?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone get anything new?

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got 3 suits in Minnis fresco which should be done in a few weeks. Also, props to Parker for serving as a shipping proxy for 2 suitlengths of Harrisons worsted flannel. He'll pass this to Mina this coming weekend.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Did you have to source the cloth yourself, or was the fresco already an option with NSM?

And, if one of the 3 suits is made with the 0500, how did you choose to make it up?

Lightbringer

Reaction score
I remember that Mina as a few Minnis books but I'm not sure if she has the fresco.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
I remember that Mina as a few Minnis books but I'm not sure if she has the fresco.

She does.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
FWIW guys, at several establishments in Naples I saw Minnis Fresco labled as "Carnet" which is the Italian distributor. I am absolutely certain that it was the same cloth even though the Minnis name was nowhere to be found.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mina does indeed offer Minnis fresco. My first selection - a dark solid navy 0505 - was temporarily out of stock but arrived several weeks ago. I placed the order for the other two (0501 and 0509) after doing a wardrobe inventory and deciding that I needed more warm weather gear. I ordered from Huddersfield online and they drop shipped to Mina in Naples.

All will be done up as SB 3R2, with the only variance with the pockets. 0505 will be a blazersuit and will have three patch pockets, 0501 will have flapped besom as well as a ticket pocket, 0509 will be standard flapped besom.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Anyone get anything new?
I had a fitting for a pair of flannel trousers and ordered a jacket in brown/navy SherryKash, some pants, and some Capelli ties. I must have loitered there a good two hours, which is dangerous.

Incidentally, I shipped to lengths of suitings to Mina using USPS and as far as I can tell, they're stuck in Italian Customs. If anyone has tips about how to get them out, I'm all ears. I have learned to have them shipped directly to her from the manufacturer in the future.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Mina take the fabric with her if you want to do CMT or do you have to ship everything to Italy? I assume you would need to ship it to her shop.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Does Mina take the fabric with her if you want to do CMT or do you have to ship everything to Italy? I assume you would need to ship it to her shop.

Ship it to her shop in Naples. She used to carry it back herself, but given the size of her biz now, its too cumbersome for her.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads