• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

samsterdam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Is there any word yet about offering the medium grey jacket or navy blazer in long sizes yet?

I'd be interested in this as well. *crosses fingers*

elwood49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by samsterdam
I'd be interested in this as well. *crosses fingers*

+1 on the long sizes. I'm 6'4", and would love a navy blazer.

MaxK

Reaction score
Went by the Smith St store to get some shorts and a shirt today. The wife got a pair of shoes, and we introduced my three week old son to the wonderful Epaulet folks. With the shoes my mother bought, and the belt I gave my father, almost every adult member of my family has at least one item from Epaulet. My sister will be in town at some point, that will probably make it a full sweep. The entire crew at Epaulet was helpful and awesome as always.

The scarves look awesome, especially the one in the lower left image.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

palma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet

And, on a totally unrelated note, I was going through the digital image folders on our store computer and I came across this. We're going to carry all four of these fairisle scarves in the fall. And fairisle sweaters. And some other fairisle suprises. The's wool's gorgeous, and they're knit in Ireland.

5908186470_5f6b9fca79_z.jpg

Put me down for fairisle blazer/varsity/jacket (would not be able to kop Junya so a worthy alternative), scarf, gloves and socks...yup no sweater.

Another question:

I am thinking about ordering this shoe.

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...e-Olive/Detail

I was wondering if the sizing advice applies only to crepe sole style shoes because for some reason I recall hearing that Yuketen boat shoes with rubber sole are TTS. I may be confusing this with another brand
frown.gif
This is why I am torn between 9 or 9.5. Since I am in Canada...really trying to avoid returning as well. My sizes for reference are:

Sperry 10: fit well, but just slightly loose on the length, not unwearble or anything
McNairy Saddles 9.5: Fit is same as above
Clarks DB 9.5D: Same as above
Common Projects 9: Perfect
LANVIN 9: Perfect
Alden Indy 405 9D: Don't own them yet, but remember trying them and they fit pretty good. Trubalance D must be massively wide since my foot width is just over D.
Red Wing Classic Moc Toe boot: I can fit 8.5E or 9E.

rebate

Reaction score
I've seen your site as well as your products. I can say that they look good. I like the Mens Buttondown Collar Forest Madras Shirt. It looks great.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
same here, will be getting the scarf when it debuts.

biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by 1969
Fingerless gloves
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Oh yeah! That and fairisle bikini briefs

Originally Posted by jslade
Hey Mike,

Would you say that giving the canvas chinos a cold wash and a hang dry will soften them up a bit?

Fairisle scarves look great as well -- can't wait to pick up a pair come autumn!

Absolutely. They'll feel stiffer right after drying, but more broken in after you wear it a bit.

Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Is there any word yet about offering the medium grey jacket or navy blazer in long sizes yet?

Actually, I can probably set up the navy sportcoat for a Short & Long special order run sometime in the next few weeks. I'll work to get the measurement differences so that I can post up the full specs.

For the medium grey, I'm out of nearly all the fabric, so this next run of 24 medium coats is going to most likely be the last one.

But, after we get the short & long sizing specs, it will probably be possible for us to run that off in the charcoal and navy suits that we'll do in early November.

Originally Posted by elwood49
+1 on the long sizes. I'm 6'4", and would love a navy blazer.

You got it - we can definitely make that happen

Originally Posted by MaxK
Went by the Smith St store to get some shorts and a shirt today. The wife got a pair of shoes, and we introduced my three week old son to the wonderful Epaulet folks. With the shoes my mother bought, and the belt I gave my father, almost every adult member of my family has at least one item from Epaulet. My sister will be in town at some point, that will probably make it a full sweep. The entire crew at Epaulet was helpful and awesome as always.

The scarves look awesome, especially the one in the lower left image.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thank you Max! Always a pleasure to see you and the family.

Originally Posted by palma
Put me down for fairisle blazer/varsity/jacket (would not be able to kop Junya so a worthy alternative), scarf, gloves and socks...yup no sweater.

Another question:

I am thinking about ordering this shoe.

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...e-Olive/Detail

I was wondering if the sizing advice applies only to crepe sole style shoes because for some reason I recall hearing that Yuketen boat shoes with rubber sole are TTS. I may be confusing this with another brand
frown.gif
This is why I am torn between 9 or 9.5. Since I am in Canada...really trying to avoid returning as well. My sizes for reference are:

Sperry 10: fit well, but just slightly loose on the length, not unwearble or anything
McNairy Saddles 9.5: Fit is same as above
Clarks DB 9.5D: Same as above
Common Projects 9: Perfect
LANVIN 9: Perfect
Alden Indy 405 9D: Don't own them yet, but remember trying them and they fit pretty good. Trubalance D must be massively wide since my foot width is just over D.
Red Wing Classic Moc Toe boot: I can fit 8.5E or 9E.

Haha cool, I wish that we had a fairisle sportcoat in the works. I'm afraid Junya's probably going to be only game in town on that one for Fall.

For the Yuketens, most of the customers have gone down a half size. These shoes fit TTS is the beginning, but they definitely stretch out significantly with wear. But it depends on the shape of your foot and how closely you prefer shoes to fit.

Given your other sizing, I think that the 9.5D is going to be a good fit. Chances are it may be a little large, but that's always better than too small. I'd recommend getting that size.

And I can tell you that owing and wearing these shoes will most likely mean that you'll never wear a pair of Sperry Top-Siders again. When you've felt a proper handsewn on your feet, there's no going back
smile.gif

Originally Posted by rebate
I've seen your site as well as your products. I can say that they look good. I like the Mens Buttondown Collar Forest Madras Shirt. It looks great.

Thank you!

racknac

Reaction score
Just stopped by the Orchard shop and walked out with the printed belt. No money for food now. Epaulet diet plan is working.

Joe1182

Reaction score
5 pairs of chinos, with a pair of the shorts on the way- dangerous and looking forward to more. Just ordered the shorts and noticed that although I am registered, when I pay with PayPal it doesn't keep my order history in my Epaulet account. does this matter at all?

As for the new suit jackets, hitched single vent? The double vent is fine and all but I feel beholded to the single vent. Too Americana?

Saving up for the new Fall drops. Keep up the good work Epaulet!

husbands

Reaction score
got my yuketens x epaulet ranger boots last friday and they are way nicer than I even thought they'd be. shipping was really fast too. my first epaulet purchase, but I'm sure there will be more.

thebunk

Reaction score
Someone better jump on those Shadow Dots soon. Especially the Large (before impulsiveness takeover . . .)

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Actually, I can probably set up the navy sportcoat for a Short & Long special order run sometime in the next few weeks. I'll work to get the measurement differences so that I can post up the full specs.

For the medium grey, I'm out of nearly all the fabric, so this next run of 24 medium coats is going to most likely be the last one.

But, after we get the short & long sizing specs, it will probably be possible for us to run that off in the charcoal and navy suits that we'll do in early November.

Great news!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For shoes with the moccasin constructions, are they repairable/resole-able?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads