• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Am I skinny normal or fat?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In all seriousness, assuming OP is 17-23, he could shed the fat in a month or less with decent exercise and a diet. He's anything but a lost cause.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the ideal body. That should always remain constant. I'm just talking about what is considered average. I'm sure if we did go all the way back to Ancient Rome, "normal", "skinny", and "fat" would probably mean very different things than they do today.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're commonly referred to as "skinny fat". This can be addressed. You can shed the blubber and get some definition pretty quickly. Do P90X and post the pics in this thread after you've completed the program.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mgm9128
I'm not talking about the ideal body. That will always remain constant. I'm just talking about what is considered average. I'm sure if we did go all the way back to Ancient Rome, "normal", "skinny", and "fat" would probably mean very different things than they do today.

No.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Skinny-fat is the word: fairly low weight but high BF%, caused by a sedentary lifestyle.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
Skinny-fat is the word: fairly low weight but high BF%, caused by a sedentary lifestyle.

He isn't skinny fat. Skinny fat people have skinny arms, flat chests, skinny legs and a belly. This guy has fat all over. But, as aforementioned by other posters, he can get into shape and look a hell of a lot better.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
He isn't skinny fat. Skinny fat people have skinny arms, flat chests, skinny legs and a belly. This guy has fat all over. But, as aforementioned by other posters, he can get into shape and look a hell of a lot better.
Dude has a normal BMI, but is visibly fat. That's skinny-fat in most books; maybe he's "skinny fatter." Who cares, it's a very general term and it fits here. (and the aforementioned posters said he was skinny-fat too...)

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever the definition is, make your life better and increase your chances for sex many times over by getting in shape. Women absolutely notice the difference. Becoming fit is one of the most positive things you can do for yourself. It'll pay off in so many ways. Treat yourself like you matter.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, you're the worst type of fat, simply scaled down. More than anything else, you look soft. Exercise will do you well. It'll also keep your **** from jiggling when you walk.

Edit: the worst thing that you can do is kid yourself. Accept that you have a problem and then exercise to fix it. You need weights just as much as a proper diet right now.

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Ideal body2011. Dudes traps are way overkill, nothing like Greek era

I'd imagine this guy just needs to stop eating like **** and he'd lose 10 pounds.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
Dude has a normal BMI, but is visibly fat. That's skinny-fat in most books; maybe he's "skinny fatter." Who cares, it's a very general term and it fits here.

(and the aforementioned posters said he was skinny-fat too...)

DOUGHY

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Whatever the definition is, make your life better and increase your chances for sex many times over by getting in shape. Women absolutely notice the difference. Becoming fit is one of the most positive things you can do for yourself. It'll pay off in so many ways. Treat yourself like you matter.
Yes. The answer I think we can all agree upon is that this gentleman will not be getting laid any time soon with a stomach of such rotund girth. Which I believe is the real question he is asking here, anyway.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*****. you should be sent to a work farm.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You possess what is referred to around here as the "connemara" body-type.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads