• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Galix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lwkeung
Poor Man's Watch at the greatest.
Should I buy? First venture into Automatics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=390329447009

IMO you should go for something better. Accuracy is an issue for automatics in general, but for an under $50 Chinese watch I bet accuracy is everything but existent. I of course may be wrong, because I never tried the model you link to.

Several months ago I bought a Chinese automatic watch for aprox. $150 plus shipping... And it's bleh. I won't repeat.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lwkeung
Poor Man's Watch at the greatest.
Should I buy? First venture into Automatics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=390329447009

If you want a cheap sub looking watch at least buy an Alpha.

IMG_3058.jpg

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought this watch 5 years ago. i was poor then and poor now.
SAM_0023.jpg

obiter dictum

Reaction score
11-07-12_seikospr043k1.jpg
Just got this in the mail a couple of days ago. Bought it after seeing it posted earlier in this thread. <3

justinsmnz

Reaction score
I think my favorite part of enjoying cheap watches is the ability to see a watch I like out in the wild and buy something close to it pretty soon after without having to worry about dropping a mortgage payment like some of the guys over in the real watch thread, haha. For example, a week or so ago I had lunch with a friend. He had a black watch with rose gold accents and I thought it was a pretty good look. I found a Grenen that is actually the same model as one I've already got but in the colors I was looking for. Less than 100 bucks later I've got a black watch with rose gold accents on a black NATO with black hardware.
laugh.gif
Grenen Model M-44XLBRB:
IMG_9673copy.jpg

3dials

Reaction score
Back in the day, I bought a Timex similar to the Easy Reader. I never wore it because I could not abide its unnervingly loud ticking. I do not mind hearing a movement, but the Timex was just a harsh sound heartlessly tolling the seconds of eternity.
Originally Posted by Unrefinery
My watch for small-timer days is a Timex Easy Reader. I bought it at Target on sale for $23 and replaced the strap with a nice glove leather band for $12. It's beautiful and simple and I like it.

41oS940OGqL._SL380_.jpg

3dials

Reaction score
Duplicate post.

LooknGr8

Reaction score
I have to recommend Bernhardts. I have a red dial Sea Shark myself. Fred Amos is a hero among the Poor Man's Watch Forum set, who are every bit as insane about watches as SF is about clothes. I got mine off their recommendation and I love it. Fred Amos is a folk hero over there... http://www.bernhardtwatch.com/index.php?id=31

3dials

Reaction score
I heartily concur. You can get a trusty, quality Seiko for about $100 that should serve your purposes well. I own several and always enjoy slipping them on my wrist. Check out watchrecon.com to see what's out there. Timezone.com and watchuseek.com are also a handy place to get suggestions.
Originally Posted by Galix
IMO you should go for something better. Accuracy is an issue for automatics in general, but for an under $50 Chinese watch I bet accuracy is everything but existent. I of course may be wrong, because I never tried the model you link to.

Several months ago I bought a Chinese automatic watch for aprox. $150 plus shipping... And it's bleh. I won't repeat.

Masa

Reaction score
I got a Seiko too. It has been working well for about 9 years now :) Not the most stylish watch but its usable.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new Seiko SKX013 should be coming in the mail any day now:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads