• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conservative Business Dress

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Omg, that was the best five minutes of my life that I ever wasted. Thanks for the laughs, my gf has reaffirmed that I am a complete clothing dork.

This ensemble would not pass muster in Santa Cruz, CA. Can this be worn with reef sandals and driven in said '85 Volvo with faded Phish concert stickers?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I think this is a publicity stunt to sell more books - kind of like Eddie Griffin crashing that Enzo (cross posted F***ers)

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

crackup[1].gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think that you are likely wearing suspenders. That is not conservative at all. It is either fancy-Dan Englishman, or it is backwoods hick. Neither of those two poles is conservative.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think that you are likely wearing suspenders. That is not conservative at all. It is either fancy-Dan Englishman, or it is backwoods hick. Neither of those two poles is conservative.

wHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT pOLAND?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is a publicity stunt to sell more books - kind of like Eddie Griffin crashing that Enzo (cross posted F***ers)

And That One Night With Manton adult content that is all over the internet all of a sudden. The things one will do to sell books. Ann Coulter has nothing on Manton.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Hey, boutonniere dandy boy: before you throw another stone, learn to conjugate verbs. That's a conditional tense. You want to recommend that Chuck hire, not hires.

Please leave the grammar to those of us with edjumacations. His isn't a conditional sentence (there is no conditional cause-and-effect), but rather an irrealis sentence using the subjunctive. God, I have to do this **** all day at work, and then clean up after the kids here....

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
It has no backseat, dumb@$$. How can a conservative businessman be driven around in that?

Ha! If you look at my immediate edit, you will see that you were too quick. I just hope your lady friend does not say the same thing.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
wHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT pOLAND?
Yeah, Pollack jokes are totally beyond the pale here. Conservative business jokes only please. (That means no black jokes either)

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Yeah, Pollack jokes are totally beyond the pale here. Conservative business jokes only please. (That means no black jokes either)

What? Did somebody say something about conservative business wear for black guys?

sal_lopez_zoot_suit.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is black joke an appropriate business humor?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Is black joke an appropriate business humor?

What if it's about a black suit?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

PS: Nice ernestian grammar. Geez, aren't you guys going to give me any time off? For God's sake....

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
47b4vwl

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Prince is swell and all, Manton, but I think The Suit would have been better if it were all written in the tone of this thread...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics