• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
OK, this is serves as a good reference for something I've been wondering: Are the sleeves on Fred's jacket the right length (i.e., he needs a shirt with longer sleeves), or should the jacket sleeves be shortened? I assume the latter, but iDunno.

I think the jacket sleeves should be shortened just a bit - about 1/2". And his shirt sleeves should be exactly as long as his jacket sleeve is currently.

The 'general rule' for jacket sleeves that I've always used is that they should hit dead center on the protrusion of the wrist bone.

Savoir

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achillus
o1ePpl.jpg
0EkB0.jpg

Fellow Dutchie, I've noticed you have been utterly stubborn about accepting feedback on this fit. Nonetheless, I would like to emphasise the fact that this looks ridiculousy tight. This makes you look rather fat and too poor to buy clothing that fits you right. Please, take note.
teacha.gif
Originally Posted by molayo
I am working on Saturday.
ffffuuuu.gif

I feel your pain, man.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Savoir
Fellow Dutchie, I've noticed you have been utterly stubborn about accepting feedback on this fit. Nonetheless, I would like to emphasise the fact that this looks ridiculousy tight. This makes you look rather fat and too poor to buy clothing that fits you right. Please, take note.
teacha.gif
I feel your pain, man.

Fellow dutchie, i'm developing on the style (Italian) i'm aiming for, and taking suggestions with me. If the are based on substantial arguments. But that's why we are on this forum, atleast for me.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellow dutchie, i bet only the watch i wear would be more money in totall then just one totall outfit of yours. Anyway i'm working on my style and taking suggestions with me, if the are based on substantial arguments.

Then please note this substantial argument.........I believe that absolutely everyone on here who has offered you feedback has indicated that your fits are simply too tight and unsuitable for your build. And I completely agree.

Further - your replies to our comments are defensive, argumentative, and don't demonstrate a willingness to participate in a substantial discussion regarding either your fits nor others.

Your response above is rude and inappropriate.

Learn how to play team or leave us alone, please.

Qpoint

Reaction score
Fellow dutchie, i bet only the watch i wear would be more money in totall on value then just one completely outfit of yours. Anyway i'm developing on my style and taking suggestions with me, if the are based on substantial arguments. But that's why we are on this forum.

I'm sorry. But A they are right. Your clothes are to tight. This is not an offense, just a remark.
smile.gif
And B your comment about the costs is totally uncalled for. This is Styleforum, not spend ridiculous amounts of cash on clothes forum.

Just my 2 cents.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gdot
Then please note this substantial argument.........I believe that absolutely everyone on here who has offered you feedback has indicated that your fits are simply too tight and unsuitable for your build. And I completely agree.
Anyone? please give me a break, and stop with dramatizing things up. I've posted 2 pictures on here. One with no response ( i suppose as a good thing) and the other with few postive and 3 negatives.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Might as well...
yNXzLl.jpg

Getting warm, will probably keep jacket off.
EhN4zl.jpg

Hi Vox.
9YBsJl.jpg

Hi Homer,

It all looks good. I coulda used a bit more brightness/color in the tie.....but what do I know?????
bounce2.gif

veneto

Reaction score
Anyone? please give me a break, and stop with dramatication things up. I've posted 2 pictures on here. One with no response ( i suppose as a good thing) and the other with few postive and 3 negatives.

I understand that you want to develop an "Italian cut" look that accentuates a slim look. The issue is that extremely slim still means your fabric should not be pulling. I promise that if you actually let out the jacket a little bit (emphasis on a little) it will make your Italian cut look even better.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by veneto
I understand that you want to develop an "Italian cut" look that accentuates a slim look. The issue is that extremely slim still means your fabric should not be pulling. I promise that if you actually let out the jacket a little bit (emphasis on a little) it will make your Italian cut look even better.
Yes i think so
smile.gif
, i ordered a new mtm jacket with a looser fit in the colour navy, which i would posts soon. Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

Sonny58

Reaction score
Thanks to those of you who offered me feedback on my original posting. I tried to take it to heart and as a result came up with the following. To be more specific, I tried to go for more contrast, shorter trousers and lighter shoes. I also included the apparently requisite robot pose with some photos of details attached. Again, I will be very appreciative of any constructive criticisms.

7-9-2011-1.jpg

7-9-2011-2.jpg

7-9-2011-3.jpg

7-9-2011-5.jpg

7-9-2011-4.jpg

JordanH.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sonny58
Thanks to those of you who offered me feedback on my original posting. I tried to take it to heart and as a result came up with the following. To be more specific, I tried to go for more contrast, shorter trousers and lighter shoes. I also included the apparently requisite robot pose with some photos of details attached. Again, I will be very appreciative of any constructive criticisms.

7-9-2011-1.jpg

7-9-2011-2.jpg

7-9-2011-3.jpg

7-9-2011-5.jpg

7-9-2011-4.jpg

I like the shirt, nice and summery. I like the jacket, too, but separate from the shirt.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TTO - why do you not have a placket on the shirt? i've read lots of differing opinions on this but to me, it just seems like workwear if there isn't a placket on it. also it's asymmetrical which bothers me.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@Sunny:
Another very decent summery smart-casual combo. Something about the fit of that jacket is off, particularly in the lower quarters which seem uneven but this may be a function of it being too big around the waist and hips. Maybe if you have it nipped at the waist it will hang better. not sure about this so anyone better I formed please chip in!

wannabe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Please, ignore the mirror marks (/blurry second image); it's tooth-paste, I swear! I have yet to find a good place to take fit picks in my house! Also, I'm wearing the loafers pictured (no socks). (I don't know why I didn't take a picture of them...) The lapels are weedy, I know, but this is a ~£60, linen jacket, from Uniqlo (and the only linen jacket I have!), so go figure!
4QbFY.jpg
JTy93.jpg
LINCOLN%20%28SH%29%20BROWN%20SUEDE%20SINGLE.jpg

Huh? Weedy lapels? IMO, your jacket looks great! I wish my navy? (is that navy?) blazer fit that well on me! Loafers no socks are the way to go, haha.
Originally Posted by HomerJ
Might as well...
yNXzLl.jpg
Getting warm, will probably keep jacket off.
EhN4zl.jpg
Hi Vox.
9YBsJl.jpg
[/SPOILER]

You do patterns and colors superbly well. Striped shirt + patterned bowtie + nantucket reds + striped belt, and it doesn't seem over-the-top ostentatious. Very well done!
Originally Posted by Sonny58
7-9-2011-1.jpg

7-9-2011-2.jpg
7-9-2011-3.jpg
7-9-2011-5.jpg
7-9-2011-4.jpg

Your fit is pretty good, and I like your pants. I think what Iamniceman is referring to is your waist suppression being a little high? I'm not quite sure about this though.
Anyone? please give me a break, and stop with dramatizing things up. I've posted 2 pictures on here. One with no response ( i suppose as a good thing) and the other with few postive and 3 negatives.
Just like you, my fits sit on the tighter end of the Styleforum spectrum. Some of my fits haven't been well-received, but that'st just how it is. Please don't take this the wrong way, but personally, I believe your clothes would fit better if you lost a little around the waist (I spotted a little belly based on the pictures you posted).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads