• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
god I hate boat shoes. I stick to my ps wingtips, osnaaaapppp

so you wear those when its 90 out? I wear some ps laceups to work but no fuckin way I'm wearing them when it really gets hot out...

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
My first encounter with Styleforum had some relation with boat shoes.

(0)

(
confused.gif
)

mine was for an evisu authentication
redface.gif

Originally Posted by thatguymj
No way is that Rick croc jacket only $10k. That seems way too low.

****, when I was in college working at RL we had a womens croc moto style jacket that retailed for ~30k, so I would think the Rick would have to be somewhere around 25-35k.

Edit- just found a cropped woman verision that is $25k

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...en&group=clothing&des=250&cat=&seasProdID=54I

yeah, thats more like it. when i went to the hermes boutique in monte carlo they had a mens croc jacket for 65,000 euro.

bawse

worship.gif

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really understand the love or hate for boat shoes. They're like the shoe version of a peacoat - most everyone has owned one at some point

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
I don't really understand the love or hate for boat shoes. They're like the shoe version of a peacoat - most everyone has owned one at some point

not i..

but i would like to. check sig
biggrin.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
From SZ WAYWT Rick Owens x KitonBrioni I don't even know how to respond to this... my head asplode.
Kills any drape. Should have paneled. Money for money's sake?
Originally Posted by sq4you
The dude's turbo wedges are probably the best part of the fit though. MSRP on that jacket was like 10k I think. He will regret that **** fast fitting the way it does.
Really? That's ridiculously cheap

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hate is easy, they're ugly, clunky, and ubiquitous. The last part seems kind of shallow but not so when you consider how horribly they are styled most of the time (looks pretty ugly with any kind of tapered pant).

Peacoat's issue is similar the last part, too common and badly styled most of the time but they still can at least look good.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Hate is easy, they're ugly, clunky, and ubiquitous. The last part seems kind of shallow but not so when you consider how horribly they are styled most of the time (looks pretty ugly with any kind of tapered pant). Peacoat's issue is similar the last part, too common and badly styled most of the time but they still can at least look good.
I'd definitely agree with the horrible styling bit. I don't understand why brands/magazines feel the need to pair them with everything; boat shoes with a suit? WTF. However, I think they generally can look pretty good with tapered pants... somewhere way back (like 2 years ago or something) chrono posted a fit w/ navy boat shoes and tapered A77 pants/chinos that received a lot of love. I'd disagree with the clunky... most of the ones I've ever owned aren't any more clunky than most lace-ups or loafers, though there's definitely some chunkier versions out there... but those seem to be mostly from brands that market themselves to older men etc.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Really? That's ridiculously cheap

yah i was wrong. i was thinking of another jacket i saw made entirely from python.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man my CannelÃ
00a9.png
s turned out so good I love baking
inlove.gif

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MQ Met show was cool but it was too fcking crowded. Gotta go back on like a Tuesday morning.
ffffuuuu.gif
@ all the tourists like 'OOOOOO THASSS PRETTYYYYY'

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely agree with the horrible styling bit. I don't understand why brands/magazines feel the need to pair them with everything; boat shoes with a suit? WTF. However, I think they generally can look pretty good with tapered pants... somewhere way back (like 2 years ago or something) chrono posted a fit w/ navy boat shoes and tapered A77 pants/chinos that received a lot of love.

I'd disagree with the clunky... most of the ones I've ever owned aren't any more clunky than most lace-ups or loafers, though there's definitely some chunkier versions out there... but those seem to be mostly from brands that market themselves to older men etc.

Yeah I can even dig the tapered pants, especially non-denim. I guess I'm just seeing too many people all at once hopping on every trend, trying to mash them together (skinny jeans and boat shoes are very common).

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
none of them are true fashion aficionados like you, cool the kid
bigstar[1].gif

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
none of them are true fashion aficionados like you, cool the kid

i was about to say...isn't cool the kid exactly the type of person that just goes in there and says "ohhhhh thats pretty"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads