• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Rsix at first i thought that was you i was like holy **** he went crazy on rick!

Wow thats pretty impressive though. I don't know how i feel about the extra long sleeves though. It seems a tad long in the torso too; like it was made for someone just a little taller and with slightly longer arms. Otherwise it is pretty incredible. I wonder how many crocs it took.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Aint no Mollino son. And yes, tis croc. I think it's just a size too big for him. You know you're swagged out when the heels aren't even close to providing the fit with its "holy ****" factor.

Thing is people say wear dick with more dick but what dick would you wear that dick with, dick?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From the show:
rick16.jpg
I don't like it on the model either. The proportions are all off, but whatever.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
^The patina on the torso portion of the runway model looks a lot better than the dude's jacket. He probably needs to give it some time.

The dude's turbo wedges are probably the best part of the fit though.
MSRP on that jacket was like 10k I think. He will regret that **** fast fitting the way it does.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Truth on the patina, but it's really a shape problem. That jacket lacks shape in the torso. Doesn't matter in the runway pic because it drapes well off the model's broader shoulders, which the SZ dude doesn't seem to have. The result for him is a potato sack silhouette which will look like **** even with an improved patina.

avery

Reaction score
if anyone's interested uniqlo just dropped new japanese selvedge denim. nice thick denim in indigo and black, like the stuff from a coule years ago

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Just because its ss/'11 and you have chinos doesn't mean you have to roll them

Styleforum rules of mass delusion, affirmation, and acceptance. This should have is own thread.

For many posters, it is likely the only one who will find their rolled chinos stylish are the other posters on this forum. Due to the timing and copycat nature, one cannot even say the new "rollers" are expressing themselves. And they aren't doing a very good job of communicating a group membership to others since I see nobody in public doing the roll. But they are succeeding at expressing their group membership to others in this forum.

Reminds me of the 16 year old poster who bought the tassel loafers for summer then laments about how all his friends are wearing flip flops.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That rick fit looks ghastly.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Since it's summer we've been getting the usual bumps and threads about boat shoes again. It's interesting to note that styleless mofuckas first foray into clothing involve desert boots and boat shoes as prescribed by gq.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first encounter with Styleforum had some relation with boat shoes.

(0)

(
confused.gif
)

thatguymj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
^The patina on the torso portion of the runway model looks a lot better than the dude's jacket. He probably needs to give it some time.

The dude's turbo wedges are probably the best part of the fit though.
MSRP on that jacket was like 10k I think. He will regret that **** fast fitting the way it does.

No way is that Rick croc jacket only $10k. That seems way too low.

****, when I was in college working at RL we had a womens croc moto style jacket that retailed for ~30k, so I would think the Rick would have to be somewhere around 25-35k.

Edit- just found a cropped woman verision that is $25k

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...en&group=clothing&des=250&cat=&seasProdID=54I

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thatguymj
No way is that Rick croc jacket only $10k. That seems way too low.

****, when I was in college working at RL we had a womens croc moto style jacket that retailed for ~30k, so I would think the Rick would have to be somewhere around 25-35k.

Edit- just found a cropped woman verision that is $25k

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...en&group=clothing&des=250&cat=&seasProdID=54I

yah you're probably right. i was thinking a python skin trench from prorsum for women that was 10k. the croc is probably even more. RL does have a habbit of ripping people off though so i wouldn't use them as a comparison. i'd also wager the men's is less than the women's, simply because women are willing to pay more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads