• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conservative Business Dress

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Well, for that matter the excellent fit of the suit and natural shoulders are a little swishy, for those of us in the know.
wink.gif

Yes, OTR is the only way to go. MTM or Bespoke is very gay, thinking way too much about looking sharp, professional, astutue, well groomed can be seen as gay in the hills of Kentucky or a NasCar race.

bryce330

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Well, for that matter the excellent fit of the suit and natural shoulders are a little swishy, for those of us in the know.
wink.gif

I agree - that outfit might be OK if you are sauntering down a catwalk in Milan but it is completely UNACCEPTABLE for a conservative business environment.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Goddamnit, what do I need to do to get through to you people? This thread is not about POLITICAL CONSERVATISM. This is about Conservative Business Dress, which is bipartisan and apolitical. The lapel cannot be adorned. That is NOT CONSERVATIVE.

laugh.gif

I disagree a small donkey pin or an elephant pin is preferred with an American Flag you must show Pride in our Land.

or if you are an independent
2m2fbip.jpg

bryce330

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
laugh.gif

I disagree a small donkey pin or an elephant pin is preferred with an American Flag you must so Pride in our Land.

That would be revealing some small aspect of your personality, which is absolutely forbidden in conservative business dress.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryce330
I agree - that outfit might be OK if you are sauntering down a catwalk in Milan but it is completely UNACCEPTABLE for a conservative business environment.
Yeah? And where do you work? I wore that to work today, and I fit right in. Because it was well chosen and conservative. I'm trying to teach something here. If you don't have something constructive to add, start your own thread about mincing male model attire. I'm sure you're a f*ck*ng expert.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That tie has Pink in it doesn't it?

Pink = gay
inlove.gif

That is an aberration of conservative business dress.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
That tie has Pink in it doesn't it?

Pink = gay
inlove.gif

There is no f*cking pink. Buzz off, troll.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no f*cking pink. Buzz off, troll.

Getting past denial is the first step to recovery of true conservative business dress.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Manton, I can't believe no one has called you on the carpet for that outrageous spread collar. Everyone knows that the POINT collar is the ONLY acceptable collar for conservative business dress. A spread collar is a sure sign of a fruity resident of Britain wannabe. You might as well be swishing around in a suit with waist suppression.

And God help you if you have spiked hair.

bryce330

Reaction score
Yeah? And where do you work? I wore that to work today, and I fit right in. Because it was well chosen and conservative. I'm trying to teach something here. If you don't have something constructive to add, start your own thread about mincing male model attire. I'm sure you're a f*ck*ng expert.

If you wore that metrosexual crap to MY office, you would immediately be pegged as a *** and mocked mercilessly.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody's on their third bottle of wine.
rolleyes.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pinko commie fairy bastards. THAT SUIT IS LIGHT GRAY! IT IS NOT CHARCOAL! The lot of you. YOU'RE FIRED!
youre20fired1qs9.jpg
And do please note I used the only proper font for such a discussion, unlike you riff raff!
biggrin.gif

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
[
youre20fired1qs9.jpg

D

I've seen Donald Trump wear a Pink Tie, I believe he is hiding something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads