• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Meetup: South Texas Edition Updated

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is shaping up nicely so far.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
If you don't mind the heat, my jeep has enough room for you and a couple of others who may need lifts. I have to pass through downtown to get to SA anyway.

On a similar note..

PM me if someone wants to split gas from Houston or Galveston

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a date on this yet?

My participation in August is looking doubtful. Moving at the beginning of the month. Taking my son to school back East on the 11th. The other starts college in the 18th.

Busy month.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You ******* assholes.
censored.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
You ******* assholes.
censored.gif

Fly down for the weekend.
teacha.gif

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind the heat, my jeep has enough room for you and a couple of others who may need lifts. I have to pass through downtown to get to SA anyway.
Only if we go down 35 with the doors off. In all seriousness, yes, that would be fine if we end up in San Antonio. If you want to meet up sometime sooner to get familiar, let me know. For the meeting, we'll need to definitely determine a city (so far Austin & San Antonio are ahead) the type of event (restaurant, bar, movie, art gallery, the Alamo, etc.), and a loose dress code so that nobody is too over or under dressed.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Fly down for the weekend.
teacha.gif

Make a collection and I'll come down and party*

*like a rockstar

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

*like a rockstar

Bah! We were just waiting for you to leave. Who the hell moves to a Yankee state from the great land of Texas!

Landshark- I always keep the Jeep stripped

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
Only if we go down 35 with the doors off. In all seriousness, yes, that would be fine if we end up in San Antonio. If you want to meet up sometime sooner to get familiar, let me know. For the meeting, we'll need to definitely determine a city (so far Austin & San Antonio are ahead) the type of event (restaurant, bar, movie, art gallery, the Alamo, etc.), and a loose dress code so that nobody is too over or under dressed.
So far, it is looking to be San Antonio at this rate. And I agree about the dress code. Casual wear for sure since it will still be hot and humid outside. And whoever shows up in flip-flops buys a round of drinks for everyone. Hahaha. As far as venues, probably need to stay near Riverwalk with places to eat and bar hoping. I don't know any other area that is as easily accessible.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

*like a rockstar

laugh.gif
I'll pitch in $25.

It's just bad timing with your move. Imhoff said he was going to be flying down to SA a long while back and we talked about a possible meet-up for SF then.

Originally Posted by landshark
Only if we go down 35 with the doors off. In all seriousness, yes, that would be fine if we end up in San Antonio. If you want to meet up sometime sooner to get familiar, let me know.

For the meeting, we'll need to definitely determine a city (so far Austin & San Antonio are ahead) the type of event (restaurant, bar, movie, art gallery, the Alamo, etc.), and a loose dress code so that nobody is too over or under dressed.

Originally Posted by Imhoff
So far, it is looking to be San Antonio at this rate. And I agree about the dress code. Casual wear for sure since it will still be hot and humid outside. And whoever shows up in flip-flops buys a round of drinks for everyone. Hahaha.

As far as venues, probably need to stay near Riverwalk with places to eat and bar hoping. I don't know any other area that is as easily accessible.

I'm surprised Austin is not getting more votes. Lots of great bars and restaurants within walking distance. I do agree that if this ends up in SA we should do downtown. Only real way to bar hop on foot.

Also agree that everyone shouldn't feel expected to get super dressed up or anything. Being SF, I'm sure no one is going to come in shorts and a tee-shirt, but no need to go overboard. Casual to semi-casual works well.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the selection of bars that are 18+? I'm 20 for the next 11 months.

*Not asking for booze, just a spot to sit with AC.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Find someone who looks like you and borrow their drivers license.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the selection of bars that are 18+? I'm 20 for the next 11 months. *Not asking for booze, just a spot to sit with AC.
You're 20 and never hooked yourself up with a fake at 17-18 when you first went to uni, somewhat surprised.
eh.gif
PS: I'd like to add, I appreciate your posts and sharing of knowledge on the forum in general. I didn't know jack-**** nearly as much as you at that age. I was just coming to from being a drunken, titty-ogling adolescent then. It wasn't until my Junior year I started getting my **** together. I'd always pegged you as early/mid-20s.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gale is a total twink.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads