• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I'm with Fuuma on this. Too many of these separate threads.

I would agree. I don't post in them often (would, but taking photos and going through the trouble of uploading them is more effort then I really care to put in on a day to day basis), but I do like to browse on occasion. As somebody who wears clothes over a wide range of formality, the wide variety is nice. If you don't like a look, scroll past it and deal.

I don't see why the WAYWRN can't just be about a MC mindset in all scales of formality and in lifestyle.

southbound35

Reaction score
Count me in the "pro" camp.

As a person interested in style, but who rarely has occasion to wear a suit or even sportcoat/dress pants, I rather enjoy this compartmentalization. I don't want to look through 30 pics of MC looks and/or 25 pics of near-conservative business dress rigs to see one pic that might provide some inspiration for business casual or weekend casual.

I've been lurking and occasionally posting for years now and have seen hundreds (if not thousands) of great suit looks (conservative business dress and otherwise) and couldn't be happier with the inspiration I've gotten from the WAYWN threads. But, once you've seen that many suit and sportcoat/dress pant combos and have gained a certain understanding of what you like and in what direction you might want move your wardrobe, you begin to gain significantly diminished returns from looking at the relatively narrow scope of MC/conservative business dress threads. That said, there are still some outstanding looks posted every single day. But, I think the casual end of the spectrum has been significantly under-represented and like the idea of having a separate thread.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
I would agree. I don't post in them often (would, but taking photos and going through the trouble of uploading them is more effort then I really care to put in on a day to day basis), but I do like to browse on occasion. As somebody who wears clothes over a wide range of formality, the wide variety is nice. If you don't like a look, scroll past it and deal.

Why not once a month? Or week or two weeks?

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Others are morons, I am not. Therefore we listen to me.

laugh.gif
Impeccable logic.

I had to stop wearing red polos- I couldn't get rid of the image of the flash mob that wore red polos and chinos and descended on a hapless Target store.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am emphatically disagree with this thread. An MC WAYWRN thread isn't the WAYWRN suit and tie thread. It should contain all looks, casual, semi-formal, and formal. There is definitely a distinction between SW&D casual, and MC casual, and the latter belongs in the regular WAYWRN thread.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
In truth, I would love to see a separate MC WAYWRN limited to clothes that look good.

That would be great.

Who's with me?

- B

I'm with ya and to prove that I support you 110% I won't post in it!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't see the need to compartimentalize, who cares? In theory this forum should have 1 single WAYWT thread

I'm with Fuuma on this. Too many of these separate threads.

+1, but props to acecow for this "best of" thread.

Originally Posted by cptjeff
I don't see why the WAYWRN can't just be about a MC mindset in all scales of formality and in lifestyle.

+1

So, seriously, what your guys's name?

+1

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
works ok for me except for the hideous belt, its one of those fun sock ******* items MCers should abstain from wearing.

I'll quote you below to respond.....

No. In fact I don't see how anyone will end up dressing halfway decently (something that most SF members fail to do) if they're not exposed to diff styles and garments. This isn't a super precise fetish style, expand your horizons.

laugh.gif

Hannes

Reaction score
I always enjoy gshen' casual style photos:
h64wy.jpg
kd6at.jpg
3Qyr7.jpg
6ZQPE.jpg

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
^+ 1 on gshen. In case people haven't seen this, here's a recent best of SW&D WAYWRN: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=243095 There's sure to be some stuff to rile MCer's, but a larger portion would go over very well here. And either way, lots to learn from.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads