• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Oh, this would have been a great chance for you to try a bow.
smile.gif

Mike

+1

Originally Posted by molayo
A little scared by great posters...
uhoh.gif

201107084.jpg

The jacket looks great.

Originally Posted by PandArts
Another gorgeous day by the river!
2011-07-08-12-13-56-472.jpg

Some modern art
2011-07-08-12-21-32-657.jpg

Okay that's enough photos!
2011-07-08-12-21-05-977.jpg

Nice casual look, PA. I wonder if the mob will throw you to the wolves over the lighter wash on the denim. Me likes it, though.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Nice casual look, PA. I wonder if the mob will throw you to the wolves over the lighter wash on the denim. Me likes it, though.

Cheers SB! They do look far more washed out in the pics than they do IRL but they are by no means dark either. I've been on the hunt for some darker denims in my price range and fit but they are very hard to come by without being nut-huggers
eh.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Learn-O-Rama
SpooPoker,

What brand of shirt is this? Love the details on the button holes!

Thanks, Mattabisch by Kiton.

Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric
Peak lapels on seersucker?
eh.gif

My kid is lucky she does not get peak lapels on her stuff.
smile.gif

Great suit. However, you really should have worn a tie. I think there are mixed messages here that would have been brought together in a cohesive manner if a tie had been introduced into the mix. Spectactors on Spoo. Damn.

Oh, this would have been a great chance for you to try a bow.
smile.gif

I was hoping you would chime in, Southern master.
smile.gif
No way am I rocking a bow - but yeah, and as others mention below, I agree it should have had a tie. I thought it would have worked without, but I can see it really does need one. But I am confused on the shoes - Are spectators not appropriate with a seersucker? Keep in mind I usually do not do this sort of steezy, I thought it was appropriate.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Wow! Now there's a collar that's never been pressed by a dry cleaner. Gorgeous.

Thanks man. How is your shirt project coming along?

Originally Posted by in stitches
love the no tie look, very cool. (did you run out of ties?
fight[1].gif
)

not sold on the shoes with that suit tho, sorry
frown.gif
i would more feel a loafer with no socks, specially sans tie. but wtf do i know??

Ha, yes, I have no ties. Go figure, out of all my god damn ties, the one day I decide to throw caution to the wind and skip one, is when I really needed it.

Originally Posted by Ebonyman
Killer suit, love the shoes and the ps is the icing!

You and Phat Guido knock it out of the park pretty much every time!

'preciate it man.

Originally Posted by MrDaniels
The jackals came down from the hills....the trees are full of ravens with a deadly look in their eyes....I wondered what was amiss? Then I realized: Spoo went without a TIE!!!
devil.gif

(Another great outfit...needless to say...)

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by edmorel
spoo - peak lapel seersucker suit
lookaround.gif

the shoes
lookaround.gif

going tieless
lookaround.gif

add it all up =
uhoh.gif

Originally Posted by spertia
Sorry Spoo, I'm going to have to agree with Ed on this one. I was especially
uhoh.gif
when I scrolled down to the shoes, though.

I like TTO's suit.

I can see your
uhoh.gif
on the lapels, but I love them, they are different. I can see your
uhoh.gif
on the lack of tie, I agree. I dont get it on the shoes though. I mean this seriously - I always thought of spectators and seersucker as hand in hand. My other option I had out this morning was the polo suede RL Redways. Would that have been a better option?

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Those lapels could poke someone's eye out!
biggrin.gif

I concur with those suggesting a tie for this look. A well chosen one could have pulled the strong shoes and the suit together a bit more. Very fun though!

Im curious what color tie you would have chosen if the other accessories remained the same?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I can see your
uhoh.gif
on the lack of tie, I agree. I dont get it on the shoes though. I mean this seriously - I always thought of spectators and seersucker as hand in hand. My other option I had out this morning was the polo suede RL Redways. Would that have been a better option?

ill say again i think the no tie was a good move with the suit and shirt. the ps was enough for me. it would be a bit monochrome but i think no socks and the right blue (suede?) loafers would have been kick ass. very spreezy. or if the spectators had been blue and white also i think it might have been better. anywho...

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping you would chime in, Southern master.
smile.gif
No way am I rocking a bow - but yeah, and as others mention below, I agree it should have had a tie. I thought it would have worked without, but I can see it really does need one. But I am confused on the shoes - Are spectators not appropriate with a seersucker? Keep in mind I usually do not do this sort of steezy, I thought it was appropriate.

Specs are 100% appropriate with Seersucker. I can't think of a type of suit they are more appropriate with...maybe linen. The ultra-traditional choice would be white bucks with a red crepe sole (especially if you live in Oxford Mississippi), but those shoes are fine. It was the shoes mixed with the suit and the exploding square...but no tie that really threw the mix off, if you ask me.

Mike

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Specs are 100% appropriate with Seersucker. I can't think of a type of suit they are more appropriate with...maybe linen. The ultra-traditional choice would be white bucks with a red crepe sole (especially if you live in Oxford Mississippi), but those shoes are fine. It was the shoes mixed with the suit and the exploding square...but no tie that really threw the mix off, if you ask me.

Mike

Thanks - so say the square was TV folded and I had a navy solid twill tie on (My choice before I decided to chuck it). Shoes work? They are brown and white BTW.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks - so say the square was TV folded and I had a navy solid twill tie on (My choice before I decided to chuck it). Shoes work? They are brown and white BTW.

I think the shoes would work fine. Don't forget, there is a anti-spec contingency here on SF that doesn't like them in any circumstance. You would get nothing but compliments down here on that fit.

Mike

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheeky!
laugh.gif

I'm sorry"”we Dutch are terribly blunt.
smile.gif

Hey, two cameras would be a great way to capture two different fit angles simultaneously. That's taking SF to a whole new level. Someone out there HAS to do this!
biggrin.gif

Yep, good idea!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by molayo
A little scared by great posters...
uhoh.gif

201107084.jpg

201107082y.jpg

201107083.jpg

Great fit on the coat. Not a fan of the shoes though.

Originally Posted by PandArts
Another gorgeous day by the river!
2011-07-08-12-13-56-472.jpg

Some modern art
2011-07-08-12-21-32-657.jpg

Okay that's enough photos!
2011-07-08-12-21-05-977.jpg

Yey. Very nice!

Re-posting both fits in the casual thread as well, if you guys don't mind.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by f-bodeee
Bow tie Friday!
IMAG0321.jpg

Loving the bow tie, but that SC is way snug (sorry mate, not trying to be a prick).

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. How is your shirt project coming along?
It's moving forward but at a glacial pace, as with all MTM projects. Your last post has me wondering if MyTailor.com could create a collar in any way similar to yours if I showed them a copy of your pic. Then again, what would be the point? I'm not man enough to iron my own shirts, so I'd just flatten out the roll anyway.
Originally Posted by f-bodeee
IMAG0321.jpg

Not to put too fine a point on it, friend, but you're placing a rather heavy burden on that jacket button. It also appears that your jacket sleeves and your shirt sleeves are too short. Hard to tell from this photo, though.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SpooPoker;4657060 said:
Im gonna get you (seer) sucka Friday:
68bfa96a.jpg

/QUOTE]

"Peaks" on a seer sucker? Why not! Very sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics