• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

darkknight

Reaction score
what would be a good price for this wjk jacket?

ASVxe.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
guy looks so sad, don't know why wearing expensive leathers makes people bummed

He just finally got the 'gothninja is dead' memo and it was postmarked 2007.
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkknight
what would be a good price for this wjk jacket?

ASVxe.jpg

About $500 off yahoo! JP or something, that's how I envision it. Design is all over the place and just plain lazy - it's got the epaulets, it's got the sleeve zips (and just them) that ape Lewis Leathers, it's got the random vertical pocket, it looks to be oddly proportioned, kind of a lazily designed high neck collar, it's very structured looking with classical details, but there's no precedent or strong logical basis for any of it, nothing by with to compare it to as a whole or even half, yet it's not abstract enough to be something that makes a whole statement from like 10 ft away (a la Rick, CCP, etc)
Quality is obviously nice and you can tell (well, I can tell) that it's got the good stuff in it - but an attractive whole, it does not make.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd agree. I like wjk a lot. Its my favorite brand that will never ever fit me, but that is absolutely not one of their best offerings quality aside.

malakas

Reaction score
xBGbe.jpg

OPugn.jpg
b3-2.jpg
b-4.jpg

just got jacket back from the leather tailor had the back shortened by 2 inches and the front by 3 inches he also replaced the zipper and the placket was removed and stitched and now covers the zipper before alterations
w.jpg
all up he charged me $ 200 for 2 jackets, but i gave him $300 to make him happy

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shortening it might have been okay.. still not too sure but anything and everything pales to what you've done with the placket. Well if it makes you happy that's something, but not personally a fan at all.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should fade away with time/wear while adding character. This is unless you got muddy/oily splash-back on the leather.

You could add some good conditioner like obenauf's, but it may be a shade darker depending on color when done.

malakas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abraxis
Shortening it might have been okay.. still not too sure but anything and everything pales to what you've done with the placket. Well if it makes you happy that's something, but not personally a fan at all.

imo having the packet covering the zipper has drastically changed the whole look of the jacket as i found it was a little too casual looking before, even varsity looking, especially with the ribbed cuffs

anyway, the tailor said that it is easily reversable

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads