• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
1. Shirt: Buzz Rickson chambray, worn untucked. Like so...

buzz-rickson-usn-chambray-shirt-1.jpg

...but sleeves altered to be short-sleeved.

- B

I have that shirt and I haven't worn it once since the day I got it. The fit is horrible. It is so blousy in the chest and waist that even with darts the fit is a total fail. Plus the sleeves are so short. Also the construction is totally meh.

I am surprised that it has vow's seal of approval.

I will post a pic, if only to warn others, since that shirt is considered one of the best chambray shirts.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the include, ace. Here are some casual fits I posted in the past that I think may be better than the one you quoted.

Leaning-10.jpg

Leaning-3.jpg

Leaning-1.jpg

Mall.jpg

Front-30.jpg

Front-21.jpg

Front-10.jpg

RMNP.jpg

ethinton

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread; as a new poster (obviously), and someone who would classify most of his outfits as belonging in this thread, I'm glad there's a more appropriate place for me to post, once I finally grow some stones and get an outfit together that's worth posting
wink.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading off to San Francisco for lunch with a friend......

jeansandblazer.jpg

Jacket Cucinelli
Shirt Anna Motuozzo
Belt Alan Flusser
Jeans LVC 1947
Shoes PRL Suede Bucks
Linen pocketsquare Borrelli

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks familiar.
wink.gif
... but you switched out the belt!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
The attempts at compartimentalization in WAYWT threads are becoming silly. One MC/SWD thread is enough and it could even be beneficial to merge them (IMHO).

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Heading off to San Francisco for lunch with a friend......

jeansandblazer.jpg

Jacket Cucinelli
Shirt Anna Motuozzo
Belt Alan Flusser
Jeans LVC 1947
Shoes PRL Suede Bucks
Linen pocketsquare Borrelli

works ok for me except for the hideous belt, its one of those fun sock ******* items MCers should abstain from wearing.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
The dressed up Butler can also dress down. Age, and the taste and resources to indulge in the best in tailored clothing, are not barriers to looking put together in casual wear.

- B

By put together well, do you mean rapey as hell, Bill?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
The attempts at compartimentalization in WAYWT threads are becoming silly. One MC/SWD thread is enough and it could even be beneficial to merge them (IMHO).
I think the differences in attitude alone between MC and SWD make this thread worthwhile.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
historical, from the best of WAYW thread:

Originally Posted by james_timothy
Great, you got Neofinitia's first post, that one was good.

And now some more casual looks, selected from a non-urban viewpoint, from the patrician to equestrian to plebian.

Picture1.png

Voxsatorial, doing what mortals think of as inconceivable- a nailhead tan doublebreasted jacket.

Picture1153.png

Unless of course you are Phat.

Picture610000.png

This outfit of yfyf is shown elsewhere in this thread, but this is the image of it I like: linen and purple gingham.

photo272il1.jpg

Fuuma- not for everyone. Ok, almost no one can pull this off. But the look here is more than the sum of its parts.

IMG_1676.jpg

Baron- just wonderful, that hint of pink from the red/white university stripe OCBD up top, covered by the dove gray sweater.

DSC_10790.jpg

Berlin Report- it's just jeans, tshirt, and a jean jacket. But it is relentlessly perfect, from the leather strap to the aviators to the scarf.

sundayeditlm3.jpg

Baron- the ragmuffin style for the farmers market from the year before 2008. I had to bring it back to life because it represents an ideal for a hot June day when there is nothing social on the agenda. A linen blue-plaid shirt, who knew?

plus some others

yfyf20080416remb2.jpg

yfyf20080517recg0.jpg

yfyf20080529relx4.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

yfyf-2008-10-29-re.jpg

yfyf20080802reds3.jpg

navyblazerwhiteocbdbrow.jpg

navysportscoatbluesweat.jpg

navysportscoatlightgree.jpg

blueseersuckershirtbrow.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads