• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I finally got my RRL sizing down. For anyones reference:

RRL Slim Rigid "RAW" 33
RRL Low Straight 34
RRL Slim Bootcut 35
RRL Slim Fit 35
RRL Officer Chino 33

this took a good 6 months plus 10+ pairs to figure out

ispace

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR

RRL Slim Rigid "RAW" 33
RRL Low Straight 34
RRL Slim Bootcut 35
RRL Slim Fit 35
RRL Officer Chino 33

Are the mens raws sized 3" below TTS? Lots of clueless eBay sellers selling the womens raw as mens.

B.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RRL Slim Rigid "RAW" 33
RRL Low Straight 34
RRL Slim Bootcut 35
RRL Slim Fit 35
RRL Officer Chino 33

excellent info.

I only have one data ponit. I am 30.5 true waist, wear size 30 in pretty much all the dress pants that fits TTS. I wear RRL Low Straight in 28, however if I account for the stretch I can probably go down 27, wuoldn't know how to fit them in on Day 1 though
plain.gif

engar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rayson
This looks lovely. I can't see if it has a chinstrap, but if it does I'd say it's an ideal work chambray. I'm mental for chinstraps.

It comes with chinstrap. I love the cut.

MikkoN

Reaction score
Pardon me not going through all 300+ pages in this thread.
Eyeballing those red slim RRL's on Ebay.
I have only had RRL in straight cut. Exploded at crotch a year ago.
How slim are these in comparison?
Anyone with both cuts?

Input much appreciated.

Ta,
M

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RRL Slim Rigid "RAW" 33
RRL Low Straight 34
RRL Slim Bootcut 35
RRL Slim Fit 35
RRL Officer Chino 33

Namor, yet another quote of your excellent post!

So are the Slim Rigid "RAW" and the Slim Fit same cut? Is it that the RAWs stretch more, or do they come sized differently?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikkoN
Pardon me not going through all 300+ pages in this thread. Eyeballing those red slim RRL's on Ebay. I have only had RRL in straight cut. Exploded at crotch a year ago. How slim are these in comparison? Anyone with both cuts? Input much appreciated. Ta, M
Both slims and slim boot are lower rise and slimmer in the thighs than straight cut. I find slim bootcuts to be even slimmer in the thighs (tight, actually) than the slims. Looking at Namor's measurements, his slims and boots seem about the same in the waist. But I definitely notice the difference in the thigh. I personally find slims wearable and actually pretty nice, but I need to size up 1 from straights. I cannot wear the slim boots at all due to the thighs.

MikkoN

Reaction score
^Good info right there. Thanks.
I think my RRLs were something like low rise straight or similar. I'm not too familiar with RRL models as they are not available here for trying on.
Those were 32", and pretty comfy. Now, I lost few kgs, but this has not changed the fit of my jeans too much. Could prolly take the same model in 31" now.

Anyone here that could provide 32" slim measurements?

Problem is, my tighs are pretty hefty.
For example, Japanese Uniglo slims in 32"...did not work too well.

Thanks guys!

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Good info right there. Thanks.
I think my RRLs were something like low rise straight or similar. I'm not too familiar with RRL models as they are not available here for trying on.
Those were 32", and pretty comfy. Now, I lost few kgs, but this has not changed the fit of my jeans too much. Could prolly take the same model in 31" now.

Anyone here that could provide 32" slim measurements?

Problem is, my tighs are pretty hefty.
For example, Japanese Uniglo slims in 32"...did not work too well.

Thanks guys!

I actually just remembered that I sold a pair of 32x30 slim fits in black (see my sig below for the pics). The measurements came out to be:
Waist 17
Rise 10
Thigh 12
Inseam 31
Hem 7.5

Regarding the RRLs you had, you can easily tell the difference between "straight leg" and "low straight" cuts. The straight leg are cut like 501s, with a relatively high rise. The low straight are really low; you can't mistake them for higher rise jeans. I would say the slims are going to have a rise closer to the low straights, but with narrower thigh and calf. I have the same issue with Uniqlo, but the slims work OK for me.

Finally, make sure you get double confirmation on measurements from ebay sellers, and also see if someone on this thread can confirm my guidance, too!

MikkoN

Reaction score
^^Noticed that you are selling a pair of 32" slim blacks.
Would these measurements be 1:1 for the reds as well?
If so, those are very close to J made Uniqlo straight 32".
Which happen to be the best fitting jeans I ever had. Maybe my tighs are not so massive after all.
Now...if only one of those fokkers in Ebay would have a 32"/34" reds available!
ffffuuuu.gif

MikkoN

Reaction score
Caught me there!
Uh...this makes me think that even 31" slims might work for me...
The RRL's I had were REALLY stretchy what it came to waist.
They were pretty snug when I first got them, but before blowing up totally, I had to wear a belt to make them stay up.
Now, I've lost maybe 1" of my actual waist from those times, so maybe it is worth pulling the trigger.
I suppose the tigh measurement in 31" compared to 32" is not that dramatically different.

Well, I wear ball hugging Incotex basically every office day, so better give this a red hot go!

Thanks mate!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ispace
Are the mens raws sized 3" below TTS? Lots of clueless eBay sellers selling the womens raw as mens. B.
I generally take a 35 in a slim cut so I sized down two in the slim rigid "raw." Just so their is no confusion, Im taking about the slim cut jean that retails for $220.
Originally Posted by clee1982
excellent info. I only have one data ponit. I am 30.5 true waist, wear size 30 in pretty much all the dress pants that fits TTS. I wear RRL Low Straight in 28, however if I account for the stretch I can probably go down 27, wuoldn't know how to fit them in on Day 1 though
plain.gif

The low straight is the best fitting RRL jean for me because my thighs can actually breath. I take a 35 in the slim cuts so I ended up getting my first pair of low straights in 35 as well. I found that they were just too big, in the seat, waist, and thigh. 34 was perfect.
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Both slims and slim boot are lower rise and slimmer in the thighs than straight cut. I find slim bootcuts to be even slimmer in the thighs (tight, actually) than the slims. Looking at Namor's measurements, his slims and boots seem about the same in the waist. But I definitely notice the difference in the thigh. I personally find slims wearable and actually pretty nice, but I need to size up 1 from straights. I cannot wear the slim boots at all due to the thighs.
I have a problem with the thigh as well. If it wasnt for these meaty bricks of man thigh I could have fit into a 34 Slim Cut/Bootcut easily. I do have a pair of W34 slim boot cuts that I wear lower on my waist and it alleviates the tightness in the tighh

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
si, senor. they probably measure a 32. my oxbloods were 1 inch bigger in waist than tagged size.

Caught me there!
Uh...this makes me think that even 31" slims might work for me...
The RRL's I had were REALLY stretchy what it came to waist.
They were pretty snug when I first got them, but before blowing up totally, I had to wear a belt to make them stay up.
Now, I've lost maybe 1" of my actual waist from those times, so maybe it is worth pulling the trigger.
I suppose the tigh measurement in 31" compared to 32" is not that dramatically different.

Well, I wear ball hugging Incotex basically every office day, so better give this a red hot go!

Thanks mate!

Found this post a couple pages back from Namor that says the slims measure only 1" bigger than tagged, vs. the 2" mine did. This is part of the RRL deal - they seem to change the sizing over time. The pair on ebay I linked to show as being 1" larger, too. So just need to careful when you purchase. Thighs won't differ much.

If you wear Incotex, you won't have any problem with the slim cuts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads