• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yesssir

Reaction score
Hey Mike, do you guys plan on making the cumberland camp moc in a chukka style for the Fall? I'm looking to replace my crappy Eastland Senecas.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Mike,
Do you have an Eta of when the olive service pants will be up online? Thanks!

Still waiting on them from LA, but I'm hoping that we have them by the end of next week or so. They'll go up immediately after they arrive.

Originally Posted by countrygent
Mike,

Those shorts look great - pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. If a size 32 Rudy trouser is just a bit loose in the waist and top block for me, unaltered, do you think a size 32 in the Rivet Chino shorts would be a good fit?

Thanks,
Harry

Yup, I'd definitely do the 32 and not the 31. The thighs should be a good fit, and most customers actually prefer shorts to fit a bit looser than trousers.

Originally Posted by yesssir
Hey Mike, do you guys plan on making the cumberland camp moc in a chukka style for the Fall? I'm looking to replace my crappy Eastland Senecas.

No, I don't have that size planned, but we will have a couple of higher lacing styles for the Fall. Finalizing that now.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We expect to get a restock of the Super 120's Southwick for Michael Kuhle blazer within the next 2 weeks or so.

We're going to restock the Medium Grey one, and we'll offer a matching jacket for these Midnight Blue trousers:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...r-Super/Detail

With wedding season in full swing, we've got people coming by our NYC shops every day on the hunt for suits. I think that the incoming stock is going to move really fast. I want to make sure that any SF members - especially guys who already own the matching pants - have a shot to get the jackets if they're interested.

If you want to be put on the waiting list, then please drop me a PM with your full name, your email address, and your phone number. Once the jackets arrive, we'll contact you before putting them out for general sale. There's no commitment or deposit required.

countrygent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yup, I'd definitely do the 32 and not the 31. The thighs should be a good fit, and most customers actually prefer shorts to fit a bit looser than trousers.

Thanks Mike - will put an order in shortly.

Cheers,
Harry

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We expect to get a restock of the Super 120's Southwick for Michael Kuhle blazer within the next 2 weeks or so.

We're going to restock the Medium Grey one, and we'll offer a matching jacket for these Midnight Blue trousers:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...r-Super/Detail

With wedding season in full swing, we've got people coming by our NYC shops every day on the hunt for suits. I think that the incoming stock is going to move really fast. I want to make sure that any SF members - especially guys who already own the matching pants - have a shot to get the jackets if they're interested.

If you want to be put on the waiting list, then please drop me a PM with your full name, your email address, and your phone number. Once the jackets arrive, we'll contact you before putting them out for general sale. There's no commitment or deposit required.

Mike,

Maybe I'm being dense but does this mean you aren't restocking the current navy jacket?

Thanks

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Mike,

Maybe I'm being dense but does this mean you aren't restocking the current navy jacket?

Thanks

Oh no, we're definitely getting the Navy hopsack jacket too. We'll have decent stock on that, but anyone can feel to PM me for a reservation.

It's just that the Super 120's suits are pretty limited in production (we're only getting about 24 pcs per color), and I've got quite a few in-store customers on a waiting list. We got a lot of local press for it, so a bunch of guys are planning to wear it in August as their wedding suit. I just want to ensure that any SF members who are really interested in the suiting sportcoats get their shot at it.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Is it just me, or do the canvas rivet chinos drape differently from the "regular" ones? I'm trying to decide what my next pair of rivet chinos to pick up should be. I'm getting the feeling that the canvas ones are a bit stiffer, but can't tell whether or not that's due to them being new.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Hi Mike,

Is it just me, or do the canvas rivet chinos drape differently from the "regular" ones? I'm trying to decide what my next pair of rivet chinos to pick up should be. I'm getting the feeling that the canvas ones are a bit stiffer, but can't tell whether or not that's due to them being new.

Well, every different variety of cotton is going to drape and wear a little differently. But, with a little bit of wear, the canvas will look and drape pretty close to the other cottons that we use. Like denim, the canvas is a little stiff and starchy before its first wash, but you can expect it's going to break in with wear.

And, on a totally unrelated note, I was going through the digital image folders on our store computer and I came across this. We're going to carry all four of these fairisle scarves in the fall. And fairisle sweaters. And some other fairisle suprises. The's wool's gorgeous, and they're knit in Ireland.

5908186470_5f6b9fca79_z.jpg

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
^ Nice! I like the guy to the left of James. I could use a fairisle surprise in that pattern. Bring on the cold weather!

same here, will be getting the scarf when it debuts.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, every different variety of cotton is going to drape and wear a little differently. But, with a little bit of wear, the canvas will look and drape pretty close to the other cottons that we use. Like denim, the canvas is a little stiff and starchy before its first wash, but you can expect it's going to break in with wear.

And, on a totally unrelated note, I was going through the digital image folders on our store computer and I came across this. We're going to carry all four of these fairisle scarves in the fall. And fairisle sweaters. And some other fairisle suprises. The's wool's gorgeous, and they're knit in Ireland.

Hey Mike,

Would you say that giving the canvas chinos a cold wash and a hang dry will soften them up a bit?

Fairisle scarves look great as well -- can't wait to pick up a pair come autumn!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads