• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gyasih
Tried this out today, first post here

IMG_0254-Version21.jpg

Maybe change the camera position a bit.

Originally Posted by Achillus
[...] i work parttime for Oger/ Suit Supply.[...]

For both?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeCharlieUniform
Not only do you look great, you take excellent photos (or have a very good photographer). Your photos have a kind of timeless feel to them. Nicely done.
- the lengths I go for SF is limitless - FYI all me, 10 sec timer & no tri-pod
Originally Posted by Kali
Nice photos and all, but what's with the Panerai over shirt cuff? My head exploded.
- why not? - as per my bRog have explained that the shirts I packed for this trip all have tight cuffs - see next post
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Is that a new collar shape, Phatty?
- same same - standard for all my new P Johnson shirts for now
eh.gif
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Half Windsor (with that collar)? Otherwise: steez!
fing02[1].gif
(I like that guys camo bag!
tongue.gif
)

- FYI double FIH
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
C'mon, man. Shirt cuff too small? Watch band too big? This is making lemonade when life gives you lemons.
lol8[1].gif

- I agree!
Originally Posted by Fred H.
Hey, GW, how'd you manage NOT to get your X100 stolen off the trash can across the street in this shot? Better yet... How you manage not to get run over as you dashed through traffic to cross the street?
- I have my ways..

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friday separates & back to the crisp air of Sydney
110708168.jpg

110708169.jpg

& to please me not youse
fight[1].gif

Detail.jpg

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Maybe change the camera position a bit. For both?
Jep, 0 hours contract for Suit Supply for the weekends, and (fixed-term contract) Oger. Susu (Schiphol). Ever been there
smile.gif
?

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sonny58
I would really appreciate any constructive criticism you guys might have.
Sup.jpg

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Not a bad combo, casual and relaxed. You may ge a bit of stick for your trousers and jacket being close in colour but even though I don't personally like brown much the colour combo is fine.

Don't pose with your hands in your pockets if you want critique of how well your jacket fits as te almost impossible to tell.

Look at all those diagonal wrinkles on your trousers. Now imagine them freshly pressed and adjusted for length so that all you see is a sharp crease from thigh to ankle with maybe a slight break at your lower shin and you will see how much better that would look.

Are you really wearing black shoes with a brown/tan combo? I hope not. Anyway your slim cut trousers look incongruent with your huge blobby shoes.

+1 on every comment above with the possible exception of the one about your slacks. If those are chinos I'd shorten them a tad, as Ian suggests, but I wouldn't press a crease into them. Can't tell from the pic, though, if that's what they are. Recommend that you add a couple of closeups next time.

Boswell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Friday separates & back to the crisp air of Sydney
110708168.jpg
110708169.jpg
& to please me not youse
fight[1].gif
Detail.jpg
Very good. Would look even better wtihout the bracelets, but that's just me.

Sonny58

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Not a bad combo, casual and relaxed. You may ge a bit of stick for your trousers and jacket being close in colour but even though I don't personally like brown much the colour combo is fine.

Don't pose with your hands in your pockets if you want critique of how well your jacket fits as te almost impossible to tell.

Look at all those diagonal wrinkles on your trousers. Now imagine them freshly pressed and adjusted for length so that all you see is a sharp crease from thigh to ankle with maybe a slight break at your lower shin and you will see how much better that would look.

Are you really wearing black shoes with a brown/tan combo? I hope not. Anyway your slim cut trousers look incongruent with your huge blobby shoes.

Welcome to SF!

I tend to shy away from dark colors and my coloration seems to lend itself toward light browns and blues. The climate here in encourages lighter colors as well. So this is well within my comfort zone. Perhaps I need to push the envelope and try something a little different. Light grays might work. I see what you're saying about my trousers, they are always a struggle to get looking right. The shoes are actually brown. Albeit a rather dark brown. It is funny to hear them described as blobby, I never have considered them so.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
+1 on every comment above with the possible exception of the one about your slacks. If those are chinos I'd shorten them a tad, as Ian suggests, but I wouldn't press a crease into them. Can't tell from the pic, though, if that's what they are. Recommend that you add a couple of closeups next time.
The slacks are chinos and I think you both are right about the length/wrinkles. My tailor always insists on a rather prominent break in my trousers but I am beginning to think it does me no favors.

Next time I'll try to keep my hands out of my pockets and get some better quality pics. Thanks to you both for your thoughts. It was very helpful and much appreaciated.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sonny58
I tend to shy away from dark colors and my coloration seems to lend itself toward light browns and blues. The climate here in encourages lighter colors as well. So this is well within my comfort zone. Perhaps I need to push the envelope and try something a little different. Light grays might work. I see what you're saying about my trousers, they are always a struggle to get looking right. The shoes are actually brown. Albeit a rather dark brown. It is funny to hear them described as blobby, I never have considered them so.

The slacks are chinos and I think you both are right about the length/wrinkles. My tailor always insists on a rather prominent break in my trousers but I am beginning to think it does me no favors.

Next time I'll try to keep my hands out of my pockets and get some better quality pics. Thanks to you both for your thoughts. It was very helpful and much appreaciated.

Hi Sonny,

My tailor is driving me crazy with the break thing too. He's a very skilled old Italian tailor with a great reputation - but he just doesn't get the 'no break' look. Guess I'll have to be more forceful with him. (I've also started making sure my trousers are as low on my waist as they can be before he marks them - this gives me even less break than he thinks he's giving me.
fight[1].gif

I have two suggestions for you (based on your thoughts above).

If you are happy with beiges and lighter browns that's cool. Just try to combine them with some stronger blues and or purples. You just need some contrast.

Look for shoes and belts in lighter brown/beige/caramel tones. They will go a LONG way to brighten up things. Light colored suede shoes do well with summer ensembles but I'm a bit afraid to mention them to you as they would just kill the ensemble of your first fit (too monochrome). Although if they were almost white buck light they would work well.

I live in Atlanta and I hear you about the difficulties of looking good in the climate!

Keep on posting!

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sonny- I don't think your shoes look "blobby", especially judging from one distant picture. It does look like you have pretty big feet, perhaps accentuated by being lanky.

I don't mind the two-tone brown on brown/tan but if you don't already have them, as you say, a light gray summer-weight wool would be a nice addition as would something in a cream color. For example, Samuelsohn has a house linen/silk blend in a very light ivory/cream tone. Both would allow you to dress up the look a bit.

And as you also say, you're wearing chinos, which I prefer with no crease at all (if cotton).

Do you ever wear button-downs? Personal preference and while I don't cleave to it 100%, I've been becoming rather Manton-ish about always wearing BD's with sportcoats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads