• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that was my excuse for breaking Dry July, I was drunk so I had a drink
eh.gif

Teggeh

Reaction score
Looking at the different tailors around the place. *drool* One day I will take the dive, for now as an APS4 employee, I'll save the money and buy a few later in my career.

Lots of sales at the moment, got myself a few sweaters for around the office (air con is freeeezing) and about 7 shirts. Will get photos when I'm back in Canberra. I'm really disappointed with the selection of shirts in my size. I found about 4 different options in Myer and DJs in Sydney. Looked around a few other shops and very limited. I guess everyone must be getting really fat so they don't bother with the slim guys anymore. Tailored shirts are highly likely in my near future.

What is the best way to get measured up for shoes? I'm looking at getting some from overseas but I don't really want to get badly fitting ones. Standard practice (as it is in the ski gear world) to go to a shop, try on then buy from overseas?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arrived back from HKG with a delivery from P Johnson at my office..

For the life of me, I can't find the P Johnson threak.
110708165.jpg

110708164.jpg

For more details, you know where to find

quar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fox81
i didnt mean to offend you. ive had a few things made up by chan, a few suits from lessers 10/11 suitings and a harrisons havana and they were all around 12000 hkd, or under 1500 aud (the last of those done in dec 2010).

im sure ill try p johnson sooner rather than later. in fact, i would have gone down the dinner suit route if i had more notice of the event, rather than the ****** rental i will be sporting tonight

what fabric did you use, for the record?

Sorry man, I came across like an arsehole. I was busy at work, and in a crappy mood. I am surprised you had a suit made at Chan for only 12000HKD. That is quite cheap. Last time I was quoted 2300AU for a suit in Minnis Fresco. Not sure where I went wrong paying over 2000AU for pretty basic cloth in August. For my P Johnson dinner suit, I got a fabric from the Loro Piana book, I forget the range. I will check next time I see them (in a fortnight).

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
[]
110708164.jpg

[/font]​

Curious full suit or just jacket either way very nice

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is being a football fan some form of primitive sadomasochism?

Is it that hard to hang on to a football in a tackle?

Is knitting an option?

Its only half time and I feel like banging my head on a brick wall? Wheres's the Grey Goose when you need it. (sigh)

Teggeh

Reaction score
On the way to work this morning it was -6. I need more scarves, but I can't find any nice looking ones. Just plain black or blue in the thick warm ones. Womens in the colours or they're summer scarves.

I'm thinking ebay for some knock off ones. I'll come back with some ideas as I find them.

__PG__

Reaction score
Those Pimlicos look nice. The sensible man would say that they should be my next boot purchase...the idiot says I should spend more and get a C&J Tetbury.

I have the Loake Aldwych on the same Capital last so I know the Pimlico would fit and look great.

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
Those Pimlicos look nice. The sensible man would say that they should be my next boot purchase...the idiot says I should spend more and get a C&J Tetbury.

I have the Loake Aldwych on the same Capital last so I know the Pimlico would fit and look great.

The tetbury excites me. In the pants.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
Those Pimlicos look nice. The sensible man would say that they should be my next boot purchase...the idiot says I should spend more and get a C&J Tetbury. I have the Loake Aldwych on the same Capital last so I know the Pimlico would fit and look great.
The tetbury to me is way to pointy for a boot, almost elf like. Maybe for smaller feet, but I'm a 9.5 uk, so no go. No doubt the leather quality and construction would be a step up, but the last shape would be a deal breaker for me at least. There is a thread on here comparing the pimlico and tetbury for pics of the two side by side.

__PG__

Reaction score
How long have you had your Pimlicos? They look brand new.

Edit : I just saw your blog - they are brand new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads