• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcl

Reaction score
I actually thought the Hamilton might be a womans, but the lugs are the same as on my Seamaster. I am going to try to dig up some more info about it. I must admit as the clothing finds have been coming slower I have been exploring some of the nether regions of the thrifting world. It has yielded some interesting Art, Cologne/Perfume, cookware. Also found a mostly full bottle of Creed Tabarome and #4/195 of this print.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HPIDNl.jpg

bSdLAl.jpg

aT6Txl.jpg

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WCL,
I have the same watch I got from my grandfather's estate. I took it in for servicing over Christmas to Schwarzchild (place here in Richmond) to have some basic maintenance done and find out some more information about it. I'm forgetting all the specifics and can't find the receipt, but from what I remember mine is gold, from the 40s, and worth $700-$900. Definitely not the most expensive thing in the store, but the guys behind the counter were psyched to take a look at it. It's a quality piece of American jewelry and holds a lot of sentimental value. Can't believe my relatives almost donated it. You scored a great piece.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think i win for the week, nwt tom ford black 3 piece suit......$120

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
I think i win for the week, nwt tom ford black 3 piece suit......$120

Need to see pics of this. And I will still never understand how this happens...who drops off a nwt Tom Ford at a thrift store? Did someone need a tax write off that badly?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tone76
And, here in Australia, $40-$50 for a decent* suit is about right from a thrift store. It's almost impossible to find high end suits in thrift stores, and when you do they cost a motza.

I'd second this. USA thrifters forget that we pay astronomical RRPs compared to them, which filters all the way down through the price chain to eBay and second-hand prices. When even medium-level suits cost thousands of dollars new, a $40 thrift price is not too bad.

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Need to see pics of this. And I will still never understand how this happens...who drops off a nwt Tom Ford at a thrift store? Did someone need a tax write off that badly?

+1 on pics!

Probably wasn't a thrift, especially not NWT - most likely discount (C21, Filene's, Syms, Daffys, etc) - occasionally you can find epic stuff there, or at least cheap stuff that sells. Even less occasionally it'll be crazy cheap... much like thrifting, luck of the draw / knowing schedules/employees helps.

Some of the more dedicated flippers in the NY area could probably register to vote near some of those stores, though.
laugh.gif

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lightly used navy rlbl 38 for 350. first time i ever went to a consignment shop.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok here goes but they are some ****** pics
437.jpg

438.jpg

439.jpg

440.jpg

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it was a regular store when i saw the price tag i almost fainted
bounce2.gif
i thought it was a cruel joke and missing like 1 or 2 zeros

JMayle

Reaction score
Congrats, I can't even begin to understand how stuff like that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads