• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
That's even shittier than the Boston skyline from the water.

- B

You sound smart, so I am surprised that they couldn't find it.

What did they try next, acupuncture?

confused.gif

- B

That Gus shot looks exactly like Harford, CT from its lovely waters.

i2_HartfordSkyline11_s.jpg

- B

Landlord litigant lefty and I will have to give you guys that the fog keeps all the excrement on the sidewalks moist.

Why that's a selling point, I have no idea, unless you find the the same amusement that I do in seeing natives slip on it in their five toe sandals.

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
That's even shittier than the Boston skyline from the water.

- B

I think it can look pretty cool from the water.

TDsDW.jpg

7SIsT.jpg

hui4t.jpg

xpK3N.jpg

IXOHd.jpg

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I dislike SF, the ferry ride (I'm speaking literally here) from Marin may be one of the best commutes anywhere.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
That Gus shot looks exactly like Harford, CT from its lovely waters.

i2_HartfordSkyline11_s.jpg

- B

I used to work in the building on the right, aka The Boat Building (recently added to the National Register of Historic Places, apparently).

Originally Posted by coolpapa
As much as I dislike SF, the ferry ride (I'm speaking literally here) from Marin may be one of the best commutes anywhere.

+Infinity

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks good from across the Bay. The view below is what I see when I'm in residence.
GoldenGate2.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you don't get the natural beauty of San Francisco, you are pretty much a lost cause. I'd venture to say that it is the most beautiful setting for a city in the US, for sure, and top ten in the world. Of course, it has been polluted with atrocious architecture and awful people, but the setting couldn't be any nicer.

Nice pic, RSS. Beautiful.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please allow me to introduce the forum to an until-now undefined corollary to Godwin's Law which I will refer to as the Brahmin Proposition. In any discussion of how ****** a city is to live in, a comparison to Boston will eventually be raised, and all participants will agree that no matter how execrable the original city under discussion is, Boston is in fact a less-desirable place to live (excepting of course when Boston is the original subject city).

To me it's similar to the tendency I discovered in Pandora a few years back that no matter what music I started out listening to, my stream would eventually be overtaken by Dave Matthews Band or Mandy Moore.

Vox - maybe time for you to start an "in defense of Boston" thread?

[EDIT: crap, Mordecai beat me to the punch]

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
If you don't get the natural beauty of San Francisco, you are pretty much a lost cause. I'd venture to say that it is the most beautiful setting for a city in the US, for sure, and top ten in the world. Of course, it has been polluted with atrocious architecture and awful people, but the setting couldn't be any nicer.

I like the architecture.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dsc5253a.jpg

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I like the architecture.

Residential or commercial? Both?

Personally, I think the city has done a horrible, just horrible! job with the newer buildings in the South-of-Market area. The only exception is the St. Regis Hotel, which I find tolerable.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ True.

Horns, who is the dog in your avatar?

lefty

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Manton for the better pics. There are a lot of views from the water that are cool. And, the ferry rides must be one of the best commutes anywhere.

Originally Posted by Manton
I think it can look pretty cool from the water.

TDsDW.jpg

7SIsT.jpg

hui4t.jpg

xpK3N.jpg

IXOHd.jpg

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
If you don't get the natural beauty of San Francisco, you are pretty much a lost cause. I'd venture to say that it is the most beautiful setting for a city in the US, for sure.

I totally agree with this. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I didn't enjoy living in SF like I thought I would (this was the late '90s); however, when I've been back since then, I've still been blown away by the natural beauty of the place.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Residential or commercial? Both?

Personally, I think the city has done a horrible, just horrible! job with the newer buildings in the South-of-Market area. The only exception is the St. Regis Hotel, which I find tolerable.

SOMA really does suck, I was extremely pissed when my parents moved from North Beach (or South North Beach) to down there. Only upside is half a block from K&L
inlove.gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
^ True.

Horns, who is the dog in your avatar?

lefty

It was a German Shepherd from a German website that I found while researching breeders. I'm pissed because I've been looking for the site for about 20 minutes - the dogs on the site are magnificent with high rumps and even-level backs. The picture of the one in my avatar impressed the hell out of me and makes me even more to have one of these breeds.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads