• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hilditch & Key Cashmere Scarves Discontinued!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well fellows, word is getting around thanks to one among us who really is 'in the know.' H&K are discontinuing their beauitiful cashmere & silk scarves made-up in medieval tapestry designs. When the current supply is gone, they will be no more.

Fellows, we have NOT done our job. SF alone could have kept them in supply had we been wiser about our purchases. This is a very sad day. I'm just thankful to have a couple.

For those who wish to know more, there is a very well written article about all this on Will's blog: http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fine, fine. All very interesting, I'm sure.

But the only question that matters on SF is, when will they be on sale for 80% off?

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen them, and found them a bit much. Maybe I'm just not the right sort of "fellow".

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
But the only question that matters on SF is, when will they be on sale for 80% off?
Sale? I'm not familiar with this concept.

Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric
I have seen them, and found them a bit much. Maybe I'm just not the right sort of "fellow".
No maybe about it.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
RSS, read if you yet have not.
Is that an order? Indeed, I've already done so. But thanks for the tip just the same.

Yes, yes ... Drakes broke the connection with the shop ... so we (as in SF) are not really at fault. Moreover, H&K cannot justify the quantity for a reorder. But as for the sale -- the scarves, they are NOT on sale ... and given their beauty that is appropriate.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
For those who wish to know more, there is a very well written article about all this on Will's blog: http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/

Yeah, by the looks of it about a hundred thousand words and not a single picture of a scarf!
confused.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
Yeah, by the looks of it about a hundred thousand words and not a single picture of a scarf!
confused.gif

Yes, a photo or two would be nice.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Well fellows, word is getting around thanks to one among us who really is 'in the know.' H&K are discontinuing their beauitiful 2-ply cashmere scarves made-up in medieval tapestry designs. When the current supply is gone, they will be no more.

Fellows, we have NOT done our job. SF alone could have kept them coming ... had we been wiser about our purchases. This is a very sad day. I'm just thankful to have a couple.

Oh, the humanity!!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
Oh, the humanity!!
Well, I don't know if I'd go that far. It's not exactly the Hindenburg accident.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Love these melodramatic threads.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Love these melodramatic threads.
Today's avatar inspired me.

andreyb2

Reaction score
I wonder if the scarves were ever available in H&K London shops?

Andrey

P.S.: A terrific piece on ASW by a misterious R-J writer.

Reactions: RSS

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andreyb2
I wonder if the scarves were ever available in H&K London shops?
RJdM has reiterated that the entire point of his article is that the London & Paris shops operated independently of the other.

The article notes: [T]he Paris shop was more or less independent of its London eponym, allowing it to offer items like those described above that couldn’t be found elsewhere.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone post photos so we can all see what the fuss is about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads