• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most oxford cloth is beefy enough to stand up to washing and drying. I dry most of that stuff on permanent press (pretty high heat). More delicate fabrics I hang dry. I don't own any super delicate shirts, so everything goes in on normal or perm press cycle. Only dry clean a couple of stiff collar/cuff dress shirts.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
Does anyone have any info about CCP using blood in some of its products a little while back? Was this just as a way of colouring the materials, or was it used in some other way? The passage I read that referred to it was pretty vague.

I posted one in another thread the other day.

He used ox blood to colour leathers.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H6F33.jpg
Woolrich Woolen Mills by McNairy. Saw this in the showroom last winter and it was pretty fuckin nice.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that **** is slick as hell, remember seeing it on the blogs and being tempted. Mr TOJ is helping me with a doper junya one though, so it might have to get passed on.

edit:
WHAT THE ****, SERIOUSLY MARK? 152K YEN? Wow. This dude can get fucked, that is insane.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
need to save up for RO cashmere blanket. only 2k

mickey711

Reaction score
It seems to be harder nowadays to find decent stuff on eBay and B&S. You guys are like a rabid pack of hyenas, pouncing on and snapping up all the clothes that fall just about anywhere past the pre-buzz phase of the official SF hype cycle
ffffuuuu.gif

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
what the hell mcnairy

that reminds me though, what's the deal with those Eddie Bauer / Cabourn parkas?

that's this FW, right?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
would have picked up your junya if not so small. i wonder if the vest would fit me, measurements seems to indicate bigger than the jacket

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about Filson Black Label being sold Stateside this F/W?

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cant decide on seersucker pants...
Something about them appeals to me, but I have never seen a fit with them that didn't look douchey

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
Cant decide on seersucker pants... Something about them appeals to me, but I have never seen a fit with them that didn't look douchey
Why settle for pants when you can get the whole suit? I see your point about being douchey, but they have a place (i.e. summer weddings). Just make sure it's cut slim.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know whether or not two-finger rings can be regarded as "brass knuckles"?
I was thinking of making myself some of these:
2fingerapolishedslimprofile.jpg

in my university's machine shop using a CNC mill, since I can get 1/8" aluminum or stainless steel pretty cheap. Problem is, brass knuckles are illegal in MA, and I don't know whether rings like these are legally regarded as such.

Also, would anybody be interested in a ring like this? I can make them for less than half of what S2A costs.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you can pull it off, it's just that everyone who wears them wears them as part of a summer in the south/nantucket uniform

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nope, 3 rings are but 2 are not.
i asked the guy from uncle otis (affiliate) about that a few years ago(his wife makes jewelry and such). he said he had a cop buddy and made sure. this is canadian law tho..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads