• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mfrege

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsoo24
i got a pair of straight legs 32x30 if anyones interested.

Read, Johny come lately:

Originally Posted by LA Guy
Just a little reminder that you guys are not supposed to be posting commercial stuff here, including plugs for your loot. That is for B&S only. Otherwise, I'm going to have to start fining people $300 (per infraction) and get myself some loot.

Thanks,

Fok.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by palma
Yeah I am looking for something that is about 3 sizes down from the sea of XLs on ebay. Are Factory Outlet still the primary place to look for RRL. Which ones should be looking into for thing like Chambray (especially Red if that could even be possible) and Belts?

there are a good amount of belts on sale (i believe 30-50% off) at the NYC RRLs.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's been a lot of belts coming to outlet in the past week or so. check ebay for equally good prices. most belts go for like 140 retail, 180 to 200 for some. can probably get 50% off that on the bay.

ffatt

Reaction score
God if only the waist came out to 16" or you had the 31 or 30s. This is the Clear Blue Color. Has it been a pretty standard color or been varied over the years? Don't expect a definite answer, but in case someone knows.
Originally Posted by jsoo24
i got a pair of straight legs 32x30 if anyones interested. [
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/dsc03422k.jpg/]
dsc03422k.jpg
[/url]
Measurements: Waist:~17.25 Inseam: ~31 Front Rise: ~11 Back Rise: ~14.5 Leg Opening: ~8.75

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i suspect that those are actually "sandstorm" and not "clear blue".

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think this was already posted a while back... but the RL store on bleeker is currently closed and there are signs that say RRL Home Furnishings coming soon. and it looks like they took over the adjacent stores as well. good ol' ralphie is buying up the block!

Quixotic

Reaction score
Any sort of warranty on RRL selvedge jeans like Levi's? Crotch exploded. I hemmed these into jean shorts for the summer, but they're almost unwearable due to the crotch. Only everyday wear and tear.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quixotic
Any sort of warranty on RRL selvedge jeans like Levi's? Crotch exploded. I hemmed these into jean shorts for the summer, but they're almost unwearable due to the crotch. Only everyday wear and tear.

Don't know about an official warranty, but I bet if you bought them at a RL store, they would take care of you.

A noobie question here: how do these crotch explosions (that seem so common on SF) occur? Are you wearing these tight, or do they just wear thin at the crotch over time?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
It took me close to two years of wear before I had any holes repaired. Granted, I didn't cycle 50 miles in them every day but I was pretty active in them. The crotch gives way because of the amount of stress and friction in a small area; wearing your jeans snug tends to exacerbate that.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
It took me close to two years of wear before I had any holes repaired. Granted, I didn't cycle 50 miles in them every day but I was pretty active in them. The crotch gives way because of the amount of stress and friction in a small area; wearing your jeans snug tends to exacerbate that.
Yeah, that is about how long I would expect to have to do major repairs, unless you actually damaged them. It just seems like crotch blow outs are reported so frequently here; makes me wonder what people are doing to their jeans and/or if they are wearing much tighter than I ever would.

Hatch&Whisk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Don't know about an official warranty, but I bet if you bought them at a RL store, they would take care of you.

A noobie question here: how do these crotch explosions (that seem so common on SF) occur? Are you wearing these tight, or do they just wear thin at the crotch over time?

the crotch/seat is kind of the epicenter of day to day wear, either from walking or biking (or sitting down to blog, haha)

my apcs are going on a year and starting to wear at the seat.though with RRLs you dont size down to account for stretch, do you? just to beat the vanity fit

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hatch&Whisk
the crotch/seat is kind of the epicenter of day to day wear, either from walking or biking (or sitting down to blog, haha) my apcs are going on a year and starting to wear at the seat.though with RRLs you dont size down to account for stretch, do you? just to beat the vanity fit
I think some do size down on RRLs to account for stretch, although I think it's a matter of personal preference. Certainly not as much stretch as APCs are known for. What you say makes sense. I just have a hard enough time getting my jeans to fade, let alone worrying about blowouts. As whodini says, maybe I need to bike and play football in them to get the real fade lines.

The Day Man

Reaction score
You guys really find RRL stuff at the outlets? It seems that my local outlet (Jackson, NJ) has had the exact same items for years now. I don't even bother going in there much anymore because I pretty much know exactly what I will find.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads