• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Food Questions Thread

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
Can we do beef seven ways at ma peche with sf members some day?

I can provide Manton and I. Maybe one or two others. You secure the rest.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I should've said I can cab it too, but obviously don't want to double the cost of the meal with cab fare - I want to drink at least a couple glasses of wine with my food and my price limit would be about $200 incl service and tax.
I will +1 my recommendation for LV then. Perhaps add Bar Boulud to the list, I'd hate to see the CB crowd at lunch.
Originally Posted by mgm9128
Cafe Boulud was disappointing. The prix fixe at Le Bernardin is $70 for lunch. You should go there.
Also hate the lunch crowed at LB at lunch. Unless wrinkly Morgan Stanley bankers are cool these days. Also, non-MSSB bankers since they aren't real bankers but still enjoy LB when it suits them.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mgm9128
Cafe Boulud was disappointing. The prix fixe at Le Bernardin is $70 for lunch. You should go there.

I would, but I'm not so into seafood/fish and would like assorted plates at least. Anything else I've probably heard of but can't make ends of since I haven't been paying attention to NY?
redface.gif
If it all comes down to it by the time I wake up tomorrow morning and get on opentable, I'll just go for the short Per Se lunch with two glasses of wine, but I'm interested in other options.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
Also hate the lunch crowed at LB at lunch. Unless wrinkly Morgan Stanley bankers are cool these days.

I have dinner there next week. I hope the fish will be fresh.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's a good place near the met if cafe boulud is not worth it?

Must mention its a Saturday, otherwise I would follow my own advice.

Just read about cafe d'alsace. Might go there

Any other nycers up for ma peche? Mm? Does impolyt have time before he leaves?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Any other nycers up for ma peche? Mm? Does impolyt have time before he leaves?

only staying til Monday, but if you come down to the city, send me an email to the TOJ email and we can work something out. Otherwise you'll have to find me in the Tokyo haystack.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Just not a fan of the consistency as well as its propensity to imitate the surface of the moon.
Hmm. Consistency too un-creamy? Cracks in the surface?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I'm a fan of Cafe Boulud and think it's worth it. Daniel is also fairly close, obviously it's more expensive. I'd just grab a table at the bar, some champs, and some snacks. Cafe d'Alsace is pretty good (great beer selection). Or try Luke's Lobster.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
I'm a fan of Cafe Boulud and think it's worth it. Daniel is also fairly close, obviously it's more expensive. I'd just grab a table at the bar, some champs, and some snacks. Cafe d'Alsace is pretty good (great beer selection). Or try Luke's Lobster.
I think what may have skewed my perception of CB was that I went for lunch, and that I had just eaten at Daniel the night before. So, I had higher than average expectations. I'm sure it's worth trying, at least once. The freshly baked madeleines are probably worth the trip alone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads