• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
flowerz.jpg

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
cool.

edit: is that a henley or a mandarin collar button up?

Ascent

Reaction score
Jwied still one of the most consistently good posters, and FlyingLotus that jacket is awesome.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
flowerz.jpg

Big fan of a lot of your fits FlyLo. Love that jacket. Making me regret not grabbing a floral print Yohji jacket while I was in the states. Nice look Jwied.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LJubel328
I agree with you on me appearing to have a beer belly. This happens from whenever I tuck my shirts in and after walking around for awhile the shirt tends to come undone. Most of my shirts fit me, or so I believe. With my body composition (broad shoulders, skinny waist) it is so hard to find a shirtmaker that fits me correctly. Eventually when I have the money I will get some shirts custom made. Lastly, my pants are hemmed... how should they be changed?

You can get most shirts darted and/or tapered. Someone else said recently that any shirt worth buying is worth tailoring.

Originally Posted by Magician
Too ******* hot for fashion

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

No real point in posting the video beyond the name of the song.

Originally Posted by Harbin
ljubel, maybe try a pant with bigger hem because you have pretty big thighs. also not a fan of the cuffing, just hem the pants

I disagree. Thigh circumference doesn't need to determine hem width. And I really dislike those shoes, but I don't think the jeans necessarily need to be hemmed. Maybe just cuff them once instead of double-cuffing or rolling or whatever you're doing there, and with different shoes.

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roygbivuxg
sickest worn black apc's ever
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
how long have you had/worn those?

I guess about 3 years now, maybe 4. They are the old Cure cut, which i dont like as much as the new cure but its still pretty good. I wore them primarily as work jeans for a good while after i got them, which broke them in pretty well. but they are pretty much retired now, i only wear them every once in a while.

edit: looked back and found some old pics, looks like i got them early 2007, so ive had them for about 4 and a half years.

LJubel328

Reaction score
notwithit;4651667 said:
You can get most shirts darted and/or tapered. Someone else said recently that any shirt worth buying is worth tailoring.

I have gotten some of my shirts tailored, I guess I should just get them taken in more?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can also add box pleats w/ a hand held steamer, i just found out.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LJubel328
I have gotten some of my shirts tailored, I guess I should just get them taken in more?

Possibly. Some shirts need darts, some need tapering, some need to have the pleat in the back (only some shirts have this) sewn down the length of the back (a la BoO), and some need a combination of the above. It all depends on how the shirt fits you. You need either a good tailor who understands what kind of fit you want and can make the right call, or you need to figure it out yourself and be very specific with your tailor regarding what you want done.

Or learn to tailor yourself, or order MTM.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
A tailor can't do anything about flying squirrel arms.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwied82
I guess about 3 years now, maybe 4. They are the old Cure cut, which i dont like as much as the new cure but its still pretty good. I wore them primarily as work jeans for a good while after i got them, which broke them in pretty well. but they are pretty much retired now, i only wear them every once in a while.

edit: looked back and found some old pics, looks like i got them early 2007, so ive had them for about 4 and a half years.

damn that's a long time! I was considering picking up some black apc's but their notorious resistance to fading was kinda off putting
redface.gif
. Now that dior mij prices have shot through the roof I gotta reevaluate my choices
ffffuuuu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads