• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me just say that if you haven't tried the Riviera sportcoats eHab have on offer, you are missing out on one hell of an item. Run, don't walk, to grab one of these. I ordered one on a whim, loved it, and then immediately ordered another. Absolutely worth the e-tail splurge. I'm only letting you guys in on this secret because I've nabbed the sport coats I wanted now.
sneaky2.gif
They're fall and winter weights in cashmere (and some wool), so it may feel a little out of season to you, but worth preemptively picking up IMO. Lovely soft shoulders, three-roll-two front, full-canvas, handsome lapels -- all the trimmings. The full-canvas cashmere ones say they're made in Napoli, no guess as to by whom though (anyone have input?). They certainly look the part. They are trim in the waist but supple and comfortable, with a nice drape over the chest and back shoulders. The only thing I would change out is the stock buttons, which are harmless and will see you through, but are a little uninspired. I don't want to be too effusive, lest I descend to the hyperbolic boosterism of the blogosphere, but I am really very pleased with these and with the eHab service. For RTW, this is about as close as one can get to the SF ideal, and they look made for me. Patterns are pretty swell, too. I would order true to your regular size. Curious also to hear other opinions if anyone has bought them before.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
Let me just say that if you haven't tried the Riviera sportcoats eHab have on offer, you are missing out on one hell of an item. Run, don't walk, to grab one of these.

I ordered one on a whim, loved it, and then immediately ordered another. Absolutely worth the e-tail splurge. I'm only letting you guys in on this secret because I've nabbed the sport coats I wanted now.
sneaky2.gif

They're fall and winter weights in cashmere (and some wool), so it may feel a little out of season to you, but worth preemptively picking up IMO. Lovely soft shoulders, three-roll-two front, full-canvas, handsome lapels -- all the trimmings. The full-canvas cashmere ones say they're made in Napoli, no guess as to by whom though (anyone have input?). They certainly look the part. They are trim in the waist but supple and comfortable, with a nice drape over the chest and back shoulders. The only thing I would change out is the stock buttons, which are harmless and will see you through, but are a little uninspired.

I don't want to be too effusive, lest I descend to the hyperbolic boosterism of the blogosphere, but I am really very pleased with these and with the eHab service. For RTW, this is about as close as one can get to the SF ideal, and they look made for me. Patterns are pretty swell, too. I would order true to your regular size.

Curious also to hear other opinions if anyone has bought them before.

I have one of these on the way in the Loro Piana wool, brown/rust check, which I am eagerly awaiting. And luckily it is winter here now so it will be getting a good run. Will report back too once it's here.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
softy, could you post a fit pic if its not too inconvenient ? I have been thinking of getting this for some time but am hesitant as the button stance looks a bit high in this pic.
a20791712fdadbe8dea2cd_l.jpg

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
I have one of these on the way in the Loro Piana wool, brown/rust check, which I am eagerly awaiting. And luckily it is winter here now so it will be getting a good run. Will report back too once it's here.
Excellent choice. If that pattern had been available in my size, I would have gotten one.
Originally Posted by aj_del
softy, could you post a fit pic if its not too inconvenient ? I have been thinking of getting this for some time but am hesitant as the button stance looks a bit high in this pic.
I'll PM you. In brief, I think the picture exaggerates the issue. The stance looks very high in your picture, but I don't personally feel this correlates with the ones I tried. In fact, any issue with stance escaped my notice until you mentioned it, so minor is the issue. On mine, the roll penetrates further down and the second button is (or at least seems?) lower. Could it be lower still? Yes, maybe -- but only a little. If this were bespoke, I'd place the button around my navel. In this case it seems to hit at the top of my navel, which is not perfect, but quite satisfactory. My feeling on the issue is that for RTW, who's counting? By comparison I would look at the much-vaunted Lubiam 1911 jackets being pitched on Gilt today, which, when seen in the wild, reveal a stance that is visibly too high to the naked eye and a hem far too short. I confess that after you mentioned it I decided to reassess the stance in front of a mirror, but I came away with the feeling that it's negligible at best -- kind of a toss-up whether I would change it at all. Of course I want to appear taller and eke out any extra inch possible, but the jackets hit almost all of the right checkboxes, so ROI is there. It depends on how fastidious you want to be about it. If you think it's going to be dissonant with the rest of your wardrobe, then food for thought. Otherwise, you'd be missing out on a good thing over a minor nit. I know that you are based overseas, making shipping a hassle, so take the above with a grain of salt (I waive all liability
devil.gif
). Although the chap from Canberra above seems to have had no problems with the idea.
smile.gif

xiaoli

Reaction score
I have one in 36R grey herringbone. Love it too
smile.gif
Heres a fit pic.
ayL2P.jpg

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xiaoli
I have one in 36R grey herringbone. Love it too
smile.gif

Heres a fit pic.

ayL2P.jpg

looks great - but even better if you tuck in your shirt!
laugh.gif

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why aren't the Benjamin 44L suits on sale like the 44R suits
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Why aren't the Benjamin 44L suits on sale like the 44R suits
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Please note that the ones on sale are by FABRIC - not size...

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
Please note that the ones on sale are by FABRIC - not size...

Oh, my bad
facepalm.gif

its a good deal for you 44R people anyway!

kiteandkey

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just got my 39R/40R Benjamin Granoro in Charcoal back from the tailor. I'm very pleased with the result but figure I'd ask for some feedback. How's the fit? Anything else that I should've asked for? Anything I should be doing differently? The sleeve length is perhaps a tad too long. It's hard to see in the pictures, but standing naturally I can see about 1/4" of my shirt cuffs.

I'm very seriously considering getting the same model in Navy to build a solid basic suit collection so I appreciate any idea for how I could do things differently the next time.

Note: the first pic is pre-tailoring for comparison.

Thanks!

kiteandkey

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just got my 39R/40R Benjamin Granoro in Charcoal back from the tailor. I'm very pleased with the result but figure I'd ask for some feedback. How's the fit? Anything else that I should've asked for? Anything I should be doing differently? The sleeve length is perhaps a tad too long. It's hard to see in the pictures, but standing naturally I can see about 1/4" of my shirt cuffs.

I'm very seriously considering getting the same model in Navy to build a solid basic suit collection so I appreciate any idea for how I could do things differently the next time.

Note: the first pic is pre-tailoring for comparison.

Thanks!

facet

Reaction score
The sleeves still seem a bit long and the pants have more break than I prefer to have for my own. It seems ok otherwise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads