• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Richard-Anderson-009.jpg

Richard-Anderson-010.jpg

New suit ....and its 98 degrees outside crap!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
both ties are completely unlined and are just not going to make a knot that a lined tie does. I offered Mbreinin a lined tie or to send it back and i would have it lined. I'll offer the same to TTO. I don't care about perfectly dimpled knots but for those that do, for the most part you will need some lining in the blade to get that, unless it's a very thick fabric. For me at least, the point of an unlined tie is that it is a bit "sloppy". Anyway, most of the newer ties are lined.

here are some of my unlined ties knotted:

E7Rie.jpg

i-3tj4v74-XL.jpg

DSC_6137.JPG

DSC_6281.JPG

IMG_7298.jpg

I am just fussin'

Here are some of mine:

BurningCar2.JPG

GF-4.JPG

Nutter7.JPG

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a1-7-1-1.jpg

a2-7-1.jpg

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So... A new bow tie look from me then. I tried it out with two different pochets (se spoiler for close ups and what not). The colour is kind of grainy in the darker areas of the pics because the original pictures were very dark.

C9cgT.jpg

3IGaF.jpg

rJcWE.jpg

mmWdY.jpg

1dhfx.jpg

And with another PS
zWZSS.jpg

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
Richard-Anderson-009.jpg

Richard-Anderson-010.jpg

New suit ....and its 98 degrees outside crap!

Lovely! Is the suit lining "salmon"?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I am just fussin'

Here are some of mine:

BurningCar2.JPG

GF-4.JPG

Nutter7.JPG

More of that fine, GAM style! Nice ties, Ed!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kali
Nice photos and all, but what's with the Panerai over shirt cuff? My head exploded.

I've seen this sort of hommage to Agnelli-style everywhere lately.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
From time to time I'll ask the rep from MyTailor.com if he thinks I can slim down my shirts through the belly any more than I've already done, and he tells me that to do so would make it hard for me to sit and that when I do sit the shirt buttons would pull hard across the front and create unsightly -- perhaps even naval-revealing -- placket gaps. Do you find this to be the case, ace? Your shirts fit even more snuggly at the beltline than mine currently do.
I have little body fat, at least in the waist area. When I sit down, my waist circumference doesn't increase much. Therefore, it's not a problem for me, unless I have serious bloating from drinking 10 too many beers or eating an over the top dinner. I'm a moderate drinker and eater, though, so it doesn't happen often. In my case, the benefits of extra waist suppression outweigh the once in a blue moon feeling of discomfort. In other words, my shirts punish me for excessive over-eating. Again, I see it as a good thing.
smile.gif

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OK, time for me to post my first pics in this forum. I'd definitely appreciate any comments or advice, and promise to have a thick skin regarding any criticism. This is far from perfect, with a few non-SF approved elements. I'll acknowledge up front that I agree that the jacket is too short, but I like the style of it enough to continue wearing it. That said, flame away:
photo8.jpg
photo9.jpg
photo10.jpg

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the top part, but the shoes look like they were badly photoshopped from a picture with a brown background.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I like the top part, but the shoes look like they were badly photoshopped from a picture with a brown background.

+1000, and I'm sorry, dude, cos I know I hate it when anyone calls anything I own out!

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd take the shoes to a cobbler and have him round the sole so that they don't look square.
laugh.gif

All aside, I like the color combination and fit. I agree the jacket is not SF approved but if it fits and you like it...
Welcome to SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads