• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW Chan's March Tour

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by July
Yao's workmanship isn't comparable to Chan's in my limited experience. Chan's is arguably superior. Yao is also relatively inflexible in terms of style; that is, he has his notion of what looks good and will try to persuade you to agree. That said, I think the "house style" is generally attractive, but if choosing Yao, you should make sure ahead of time that your general tastes align with his.

I would disagree on both counts. Having had suits from both in the past I have settled on Yao with considerable satisfaction and pleasure.

wqvong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HitMan009
For anyone that order from their March tour, did anyone not receive their order? I haven't received mines yet. I emailed them a few days ago and they haven't responded yet.

Got my items last week.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by July
Yao's workmanship isn't comparable to Chan's in my limited experience. Chan's is arguably superior. Yao is also relatively inflexible in terms of style; that is, he has his notion of what looks good and will try to persuade you to agree. That said, I think the "house style" is generally attractive, but if choosing Yao, you should make sure ahead of time that your general tastes align with his.

Yao's workmanship is on par with Chan if not better.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
Prices have sure gone up!

Agree. Appears to be 18% higher than 14 months ago.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius
Agree. Appears to be 18% higher than 14 months ago.

No wonder they call you taxgenius; please let us know if there is an appropriate (or inappropriate) loophole.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lonneker
No wonder they call you taxgenius; please let us know if there is an appropriate (or inappropriate) loophole.

I wish. With the Chan price increase, I am tempted to go local.

fox81

Reaction score
maybe it has something to do with the weakness of the USD (and accordingly the HKD)

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fox81
maybe it has something to do with the weakness of the USD (and accordingly the HKD)

No, they mentioned something about wool prices going up.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish. With the Chan price increase, I am tempted to go local.

You may just regret that; not sure there is much better value for money. Also, haven't 'local' wool prices gone up?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lonneker
You may just regret that; not sure there is much better value for money. Also, haven't 'local' wool prices gone up?

I priced a specific fabric at Chan and at Ercole (NYC) with Chan being $200 cheaper. However, when you add in Chan's shipping costs for a basted fitting, they are the same cost.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tg - can't you deduct the suits if you have your name embroidered (on the outside) and use it for work? I have not done this, but I'm asking =)

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
tg - can't you deduct the suits if you have your name embroidered (on the outside) and use it for work? I have not done this, but I'm asking =)

It would only be deductible if it were a condition of employment and the clothes were not suitable for everyday wear.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It would only be deductible if it were a condition of employment and the clothes were not suitable for everyday wear.
well, if the suit is embroidered on the left chest above the pocket - "Dr. Ray, Psychiatry" - that fits the conditions and would be deductible, correct? ala a lab coat, but instead a suit...

bmf895

Reaction score
FTW: Ask for embroidery using basting thread.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I priced a specific fabric at Chan and at Ercole (NYC) with Chan being $200 cheaper. However, when you add in Chan's shipping costs for a basted fitting, they are the same cost.

Interesting. No personal experience with Ercole's; just seen NYR's stuff and read his stories about the operation. Very appealing. Then again, can't go wrong with Patrick at Chan's. Just curious: what fabric are you contemplating?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics