• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
Nice loafer, got a JM Weston look to me (instead of the Kiton thing someone else was commenting).

dunno what's the more strange comparison?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
^^Unreal.

What's going on here?:

ggg028.jpg

the reason why the heel on a custom-/handmade shoe is "nicer" than on a machine made.

shoefan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
the reason why the heel on a custom-/handmade shoe is "nicer" than on a machine made.

That is called peening the heel. The leather is dampened and compressed with the peen (end opposite the face); this process helps to meld the different layers of leather in the heel to eliminate any gaps/spaces and also increases the heel's water resistance.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoefan
That is called peening the heel. The leather is dampened and compressed with the peen (end opposite the face); this process helps to meld the different layers of leather in the heel to eliminate any gaps/spaces and also increases the heel's water resistance.

exactly. thanks for giving a full description for the... ...probably "noobs".
devil.gif

ps: i'm not familiar with the english terms, for not being my mother tongue.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the bottoming work and I think that stingray can be a beautiful shoe.

What I would really like is to see a close-up shot of the stitching along the topline and facing.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
where's the rear seam???

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
where's the rear seam???
No rear seam as such...it's off to the medial side. See first post and the way the pattern is cut.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
No rear seam as such...it's off to the medial side. See first post and the way the pattern is cut.
Best shown in this photo:
3e8c898d-736b-e419.jpg

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
Best shown in this photo:
3e8c898d-736b-e419.jpg

Can you post a close-up of this seam from the stingray shoes? Or again, along the topline and facings? Please.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
Can you post a close-up of this seam from the stingray shoes? Or again, along the topline and facings? Please.
I'll ask Riccardo to make them. The shoes are still in Italy and I live in Amsterdam
smile.gif
The pictures in this topic are pretty much realtime. As soon as he works on the shoes he mails the pictures, then I post them .

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
I'll ask Riccardo to make them. The shoes are still in Italy and I live in Amsterdam
smile.gif
The pictures in this topic are pretty much realtime. As soon as he works on the shoes he mails the pictures, then I post them .

thanks.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics