• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

ChuckDee

Reaction score
First post here, although I have been reading along for a while now. My father is looking to get rid of a number of Hickey Freeman and other suits that no longer fit him. I was just wondering if there would be enough interest to post them on here for sale or trade or if I should just put them on Ebay. I am not exactly sure of the size, but I would imagine the suits range from 38S to 42S.

If you all think that there would be interest, I can get the suits and provide proper measurements (and pictures, of course).

Thanks.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChuckDee
First post here, although I have been reading along for a while now. My father is looking to get rid of a number of Hickey Freeman and other suits that no longer fit him. I was just wondering if there would be enough interest to post them on here for sale or trade or if I should just put them on Ebay. I am not exactly sure of the size, but I would imagine the suits range from 38S to 42S.

If you all think that there would be interest, I can get the suits and provide proper measurements (and pictures, of course).

Thanks.

Put them on the Buying & Selling Forum. I am sure people will bite.

Minarchist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Put them on the Buying & Selling Forum. I am sure people will bite.
Only problem is, I think you have to have 45(?) or so posts to create a thread there. Might need someone to proxy it for you, or maybe there's some other way around it. I dunno.

ChuckDee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Minarchist
Only problem is, I think you have to have 45(?) or so posts to create a thread there. Might need someone to proxy it for you, or maybe there's some other way around it. I dunno.
I looked into that and the site said that I needed to be a member for 45 days (I think) before I could post on the buying and selling thread. If that is the case, I can wait a while longer and then post when I am able. Thanks for the responses.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which line of HF? You may want to post some pics of labels.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChuckDee
I looked into that and the site said that I needed to be a member for 45 days (I think) before I could post on the buying and selling thread.

I wish they'd apply this to the rest of the forum as well, just with a shorter time, maybe 7 days, purely to get rid of all the damn spammers.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ironduke
Zara Navy two button blazer wool 100% or GAP dark grey two button cotton twill sportscoat, which would be better? Former on 40$ local, latter on 30$ local.

You should ask this in the 'Should I or Shouldn't I Buy..." thread in Streetwear and Denim.

(Without seeing the items, it seems like the Zara would fit much slimmer and possibly wear out sooner).

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I rarely wear glasses but need a new pair. Thoughts on these?
1.jpg
2-1.jpg
They fit my face well, especially the bridge. (It's not to thick) I like the dark tortoise color too. Only problem is the obnoxious Polo horse. Any ideas on how I could disguise the log? I don't think the penny scratch-off method would work, as it's a recessed area that has been filled. (Not painted on)

peanutbutter

Reaction score
Hello!

I was wondering because I have been meaning to buy a bag that I can take with me to the office that doesn't look like a purse. Can anyone help in giving me tips? Its supposed to be big enough to carry a diary/planner/15-in mac. Thanks!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What can I expect in terms of turnaround from B. Nelson - I am gonna be in NY tomorrow, can I expect same-day or a couple day turnaround? I want inlaid metal taps installed, toe and heel, and a little gouge in the toebox filled - am I expecting too much? I don't have much time.

tr1p7s

Reaction score
Newcomer to the site and new to suits. Where should the suit sleeves end?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/calibrat...rigin=category Looking at buying my first suite, I am in undergrad and price is a factor. I am open to suggestions, thanks in advance. I am also looking for advice on where to start buying more casual apparel. I currently wear khakis and polos, oxfords and solid t shirts but I want to shift away from that. I am on a budget as well. I like a more conservative look (if that makes sense) but I also like the summer colors. I have explored BB, JCrew and RL but I wanted to start wearing something that does not make me a walking billboard either. Thanks in advance guys.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone remember which was the thread in which the versatility of brown SCs in comparison to grey SCs was discussed. IIRC it was 50 pages long and
foo.gif
Thanks

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Metal taps are not a while-you-wait procedure but a couple-day turnaround is probably reasonable. Why don't you just ask Nick if he can accommodate your schedule?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics