• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The unbarrel aged. I have one coming my way but have not heard much about it. What all three floyds is out other then Robert the Bruce, alpha king, and gbh?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pride & Joy, Dreadnaught, Artic Panzer Wolf, Black Heart, Apocalypse Cow (my personal favorite) and the random leftover seasonal that's past it's prime. They have a few different bombers at the brewery, but I didn't really pay attention. Oh and regular DA is tasty, I had an experimental small batch version Brian (the brewmaster) did with hazelnuts that's was awesome...

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Somebody buy me some 3 Floyds, please. I'm dying to try some of this **** out.

Get me some Hunahpu's and I'll hook you up...

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go to ginger man. They have an impressive list and only a short hop away from dinner

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
I think I'm going to go to ginger man. They have an impressive list and only a short hop away from dinner

Holler at my girl Lindsay, she's short, has big boobs and wears funky glasses, she's also the GM. Tell her you know Adam or Tooch from Chicago, she's good people...

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
Get me some Hunahpu's and I'll hook you up...
You know what the guy charges. You still want them? I might have bought them all for another one of our dear members. I don't think the barrel aged specials have been released yet either.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The last beer I have here is a Matilda, anybody try it/like it?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cracked it, it's pretty delicious.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
You know what the guy charges. You still want them? I might have bought them all for another one of our dear members. I don't think the barrel aged specials have been released yet either.

It was something like $40 a bottle right?! I might be willing to entertain that offer with 3 different Three Floyds bombers, but make sure you can still get it. The barrel aged variations won't be out for some time and will be a very limited brewery only release, I am looking to get my hands on the Stranahan Whiskey Hunahpu's...

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
The last beer I have here is a Matilda, anybody try it/like it?

Matilda is great and even better with a year or two of age on it, I am more of a Sofie fan myself, but that line-up from Goose is pretty top-notch for the price...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blushing Monk Day!!!!!!!!!

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
Blushing Monk Day!!!!!!!!!

And if you are nice, maybe I'll send you the original base beer for Blushing Monk...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just hope the stores are nice to me and don't put on a 2 bottle limit. i'm prepared to buy a case or 2.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
260534_10150249524954311_508944310_7158276_4813083_n.jpg
Several cans of each for a 4th of July BBQ I hosted. From the top L-R Yona Yona Ale: a damn fine Japanese microbrew, fairly bitter and tasty. Echigo Red Ale: Not nearly as hoppy, but still a decent flavorful ale. Ginga Kogen Pale Ale: decent, again not hoppy enough, but passable and a breath of fresh air compared to your every day J-beer Echigo Pilsner: pretty solid Japanese style Pils Belgian White from a brewery I forgot: Funky upside down can so all the tasty sediment is up top and mixes in the beer. Very fruity white, not a huge fan, but on par with most "Belgian style" non tripels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads