• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dating a girl with a boyfriend

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
If you like her:
If she's dating you it's because her relationship is over with already, so if you like drama then you can probably get her to break up with him and switch to you easily.

If you just want to screw:
Again, she wouldn't be dating you if something wasn't up with the relationship. You guys will either bone and eventually she'll break up with him and continue boning until then(best case scenario) or she will realize that she really loves her BF and doesn't want to screw around. This epiphany can be either before or after boning.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
if you have to ask in styleforum, then its not gonna happen

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I think adultery is when one of the parties is married. And I think by dating he means shagging her.

Sorry Mr. Morel. Replace adultery with cheating.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Relationship = purely physical in this situation. The guy is a weenie that lives 6+ hours away. Girl looks good.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rationalizing is a great first step on the way to doing something you know to be wrong

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
rationalizing is a great first step on the way to doing something you know to be wrong

Yep. It's one thing if you genuinely "didn't know" about the situation, but you obviously do.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was a few years younger I moved someone's boyfriend in with me for a couple of months because he was without a place to stay. She had no idea what was going on and would come over for drinks about 1-2 times per week to relax. Boy was gay/bi/curious and wanted to basically pay for a place to stay by being..."available". You get my drift. He needed a place to stay and I wasn't prepared to turn him down. I contributed to and created a seriously fucked up situation. One day he called me from work and said "OMG...She's pregnant. I don't know what do to." When he got to my house I wrote him a check, told him I reserved him a hotel room for a week and he could use the money to rent a place once he found something permanent. I wished him luck and changed my #. Lesson learned: Don't be an asshole! Another lesson: Life can be just like one of those fucked up Lifetime Network movies

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I read that post three times and still don't think I understand it.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I read that post three times and still don't think I understand it.
Mine? Don't worry. I don't understand why I did it

Benzito

Reaction score
Is the OP the same guy who started the "Friendly Fire" threak in DT? I see that on the horizon, best case scenario for you. For you, not me. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if you're into that sort of thing.

Benzito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
Mine? Don't worry. I don't understand why I did it

So ... he was two-timing you and he got a chick pregnant? And then you wrote him a check? What are we missing?

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Benzito
So ... he was two-timing you and he got a chick pregnant? And then you wrote him a check? What are we missing?
He was two-timing her. I wrote him the check so he could get out of my house. Maybe you missed the gay thing.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
He was two-timing her.

I wrote him the check so he could get out of my house. Maybe you missed the gay thing.

Kinda like I had to do with an ex-gf.
facepalm.gif
No choice, really. She wouldn't leave otherwise.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I think adultery is when one of the parties is married. And I think by dating he means shagging her.

Seriously. Why the need to be the morality police? Who the hell knows what these people's situation is, how serious they are (I'm going to guess not very), and why she wants to sleep around. Maybe a **** buddy is just what the doctor ordered.

Schtup her if you wanna, just don't be a dick to her and don't get to attached.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads