• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE: A Class Act

CaymanS

Reaction score
Everyone always reminisces about the "old days" of SF (which I wasn't around for.) I would argue that the very best part of the olden days was Vox tearing threads like this THE **** UP
laugh.gif

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Larson McCord
Perhaps you can give examples of world class manufacturers that produce products with zero defects.
I believe it's called "cooking the books"

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
Yes it is. I have worked in manufacturing directly and as a consultant. 100% quality is the goal of world class manufacturing. Anything less is unacceptable and denotes a flaw in the process. Read up on Lean Manufacturing/TPS and Six Sigma.

Many people (myself included) have made a good living in this field.

bolded for importance. of course it's the goal of every company to have 0 defects, but you know no company is defect free.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
bolded for importance. of course it's the goal of every company to have 0 defects, but you know no company is defect free.
You sir are correct. A "world class manufacturer" would have zero defects. Since there is no such thing, it is what all manufacturers should strive for. On a side note, I purchased my first and last pair of Florsheims that fell apart after 2 months. The factory said that there was nothing they could do about it.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Larson McCord
Perhaps you can give examples of world class manufacturers that produce products with zero defects.

The Dabbawallas of Mumbai are at almost zero defects.

Anyway, back on topic, it's nice that the OP had a good experience. However, the implication that AE went above and beyond is not as credible.............this is what one should expect from them.

They did nothing differently for the OP than what they would/should do for others.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
The Dabbawallas of Mumbai are at almost zero defects.

Anyway, back on topic, it's nice that the OP had a good experience. However, the implication that AE went above and beyond is not as credible.............this is what one should expect from them.

They did nothing differently for the OP than what they would/should do for others.

I don't think that was his implication.

I think he simply wanted to report a positive customer service experience, which seems to be the exception rather than the norm these days, especially on non-astronomical price/custom objects.

Furthermore, the company could have just fixed them or told him tough luck, but they provided a new pair, and did so more quickly than anticipated.

i think its thread worthy, and it makes me a bit more proud to wear my AEs knowing that they really take care of their customers.

JRB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quadcammer

I think he simply wanted to report a positive customer service experience, which seems to be the exception rather than the norm these days, especially on non-astronomical price/custom objects.

Furthermore, the company could have just fixed them or told him tough luck, but they provided a new pair, and did so more quickly than anticipated.

i think its thread worthy, and it makes me a bit more proud to wear my AEs knowing that they really take care of their customers.

Yes, exactly. Both of these defects seemed to be minor fixes in my opinion, something $20 at a cobbler would have taken of. To be told replacements were in order, plus that they arrived way before the expressed delivery day made me appreciate their customer service more.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow........people still fall for the old "under-promise and over-deliver" routine?

I'm glad you're happier after this thread was made...........what was your opinion on AE before?

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Viral
wow........people still fall for the old "under-promise and over-deliver" routine?

I'm glad you're happier after this thread was made...........what was your opinion on AE before?

cut the bullshit.

stuff happens, sometimes you get a "lemon" that has some issues right out of the box. Happens to the best brands.

AE doesn't promise poor service and over deliver. many companies have just forgotten that to keep customers happy, some after the sale service must be necessary. Customer service flat out sucks.

I've always had good experiences, so perhaps I misspoke. Rephrased, this customer's experience simply reinforces my belief that AE knows how to deliver good customer service.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe they can refund me for my Weybridges that hurt my feet every time I wear them for more than 2 hours.
confused.gif

Merlino

Reaction score
cut the bullshit.

I think he meant that they quoted five weeks and produced the shoes at his doorstep within one week, which could very well be underpromise/overdeliver at play.

mlongano

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Merlino
I think he meant that they quoted five weeks and produced the shoes at his doorstep within one week, which could very well be underpromise/overdeliver at play.

"Managing customer expectations" is an important part of good customer service.

JGloger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Maybe they can refund me for my Weybridges that hurt my feet every time I wear them for more than 2 hours.
confused.gif

Seeing as how you're size 9, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands
biggrin.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JGloger
Seeing as how you're size 9, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands
biggrin.gif

I'll meet you at the corner of S. Central and 9th at 3am today. Come alone.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
confused.gif

Perhaps its simply not the right last for you.

Originally Posted by Merlino

that could be, and if thats the case I apologize.

however, why would AE suggest that they don't have any in stock if they do. That would just result in a pissy customer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads