• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically, some people here have small dicks and like to take it out on others. Let's move on, and poast some moar pics!

JG000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mrshinyredplanet
This aint gonna be SF approved by any means. The party I went to a few nights ago was "Break Up a Suit", so I did just that. Except with a tuxedo. Shoot me, I suppose. The tuxedo itself is too big in the chest, and too long (a 36L), the sleeves are too wide and the armholes low for my taste I suppose. The jacket is a 50/50 wool-mohair blend.

I took the jacket off in night, and thought I looked alright (at least, in comparison to the other people.) I took the classic black tie bow-tie, instead doing a red + green + blue paisley ensemble. Light grey shirt. You can quite clearly see all this.

Judging what you can, try gauge the fit as best as possible from the photo.

MbZCq.jpg

The word "ensemble" would be used to describe the composite look, not just one piece (ie. the bow tie)

Outfit looks terrible btw. If you're going for a novelty look, it marginally works. Safe bet that your fellow party-goers wouldn't be much offended by it. But on a sartorial level, it's garbage (which you seem to already realize).

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JG000
The word "ensemble" would be used to describe the composite look; it's not just one piece (i.e. the bow tie). The outfit looks terrible, btw. If you're going for a novelty look, it marginally works. It's safe bet that your fellow party-goers wouldn't be much offended by it, but on a sartorial level, it's garbage (which you seem to already realize).
I wouldn't call it terrible (some people here are too harsh/miss-speak. Use wording like, 'I don't like it' or, 'it doesn't really work' rather than, 'it sucks,' etc). I would like to see this in a larger shot, so we can see how it looks with your arms by your sides! Apart from it being black (I think?), and possibly polyester, it's not so bad.
Originally Posted by tshaw
JapanAlex01, love the belt; where'd you get it?
Lol, really?! While it's not a bad belt, I've always wanted to get another brown, leather one! To answer your question, I bought it in Japan, and I have no idea where! Sorry!
tongue.gif

Qpoint

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
Sleeves look fine but what about that bell-shape at the bottom?

Well, I'm rather heavy-set (for the moment).
frown.gif

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
Tie does look too wide, but maybe if the jacket buttoned higher it would not look thus?

See, this is the kind of feedback I like.

Well, I've been trying to make my mind up about what height of gorge i should be going for with my sort of build. I do love wide ties (although I think the width might be magnified by the angle of the shot here) and will never quit them, but I'm wondering if it would look better with a higher buttoning? I always went for high button stance and slimmer fits when I was thinner (and sort of in love with mod style), but I haven't really decided on what fits me best now.

Funny thing, it's so easy to see what would fit another person, but so much harder when it comes to yourself.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EFV
Funny thing, it's so easy to see what would fit another person, but so much harder when it comes to yourself.
Amen to that, brother! I think your jacket is just maybe a tad too long? (I can't really see from that picture.) The buttoning-point could be an inch higher? Tbh, I don't think it's bad at all! The lapels are a little thin? (I'm spit-balling here, really.) Personally, the tie pattern is a near-miss (would rather see you in a grey wool. No ****! I don't mind the width, though it could be ~1" thinner), but that is subjective!
colgate.gif

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kevin.

I find your attitude / comments rather entertaining, many would have left the forum by now. Looking forward to seeing more of your serious fits.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Back to the fire...
058420d2.jpg

96aefd12.jpg

c524b537.jpg

b190fdc6.jpg

The picture is really dark on the screen where i'm sitting behind on. But it looks good. Could you post a clear view of it?

molayo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EFV
See, this is the kind of feedback I like.

Well, I've been trying to make my mind up about what height of gorge i should be going for with my sort of build. I do love wide ties (although I think the width might be magnified by the angle of the shot here) and will never quit them, but I'm wondering if it would look better with a higher buttoning? I always went for high button stance and slimmer fits when I was thinner (and sort of in love with mod style), but I haven't really decided on what fits me best now.

Yes, getting a criticism and enjoying it will bring you respect eventually.

EFV, I don't think a higher buttoning would work on your build. Rather, with a high gorge and a lowered button stance, having more V effect would be better. I think a tie's width has little to do with a button stance but more to do with a lapel width. If you stick to wide ties, what about a high-gorge, peaked, and wide lapel?

Anyway, today I tried a more relaxed pose. Here's what I wear today.
smile.gif

20110705.jpg

201107051.jpg

201107052.jpg

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, as always, Spoo! molayo, where are all you guys getting your seersucker jackets?!
ffffuuuu.gif
(And nice, btw!
wink.gif
)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mac
Barba shirt, Spoo?

Borrelli.

Originally Posted by Achillus
The picture is really dark on the screen where i'm sitting behind on. But it looks good. Could you post a clear view of it?
Thanks.
Click the spoiler tag for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads