• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

triton

Reaction score
length is definitely too long for my taste, especially given the trousers/shoes you're wearing (which look good)

Gaillimh Abu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ambivalence
Those are xs.. So should I send it to the tailor?

I was going to suggest you size down but that's not an option here. Honesly i don't think they are doing you any favours, instead of getting them tailored i would just return them and go for something else, your money will be better spent.

triton

Reaction score
agreed, i would look elswhere if i were you. perhaps BoO? you look to have the right body shape for their slim-cut shirts.

thebunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by triton
agreed, i would look elswhere if i were you. perhaps BoO? you look to have the right body shape for their slim-cut shirts.

I think this is the best option right here (going with BoO). It sucks when there is a brand you really like the designs, quality, etc of but will not fit right. Had this issue with Epaulet on the other end of the scale (being between a XL and a Large). In the end, I looked at it as an incentive to lose some weight so I could fit into an L (which I was able to accomplish this weekend - yay for me). Unfortunately for you, that is not an option. That said, I could probably lose another 10 - 20 lbs and never be able to fit into a BoO of any size.

Ok, I'm done. Good luck dude
smile.gif

ambivalence

Reaction score
Thanks guys, unfortunately I can't send them back as thy were sales item, oh well. Anyway where to get those slim boo xs shirt? Context? Are they definitely slimmer than gitman?

89andy

Reaction score
definately too long, and definately BoO is much slimmer than Gitman, almost a full size even (proportions are different but you get what I mean).

By the way, what shoes are those? Cant tell if they are mark mcnairy or something else haha

thebunk

Reaction score
Thanks guys, unfortunately I can't send them back as thy were sales item, oh well. Anyway where to get those slim boo xs shirt? Context? Are they definitely slimmer than gitman?

Just check out the context site as they put measurements up for all shirts and all sizes. Should give you a good idea on how well it will fit, especially if you take measurements of your current Gitmans.

ambivalence

Reaction score
Alright, thanks alot mate! Shall check boo the next time round! Anyway those shoes are by sanders

sofaking30

Reaction score
I have the Gitman Brothers Vintage Japanese Cotton Yarn Dyed Jacquard Short Sleeve for sale in a Medium. PM if interested.

thebunk

Reaction score
Hey what does darting do? Should i add darts for both shirt?

Darting essentially gives the shirt a more fitted look and feel by taking in material at the back of the shirt at the sides or at the center. Some shirts come pre-darted (I.e. Epaulet) though competent tailor should be able to do it pretty daily. This will not correct the issues with the length however.

68stang

Reaction score
FYI Gitman Brothers Vintage shirts here in Dallas at Off 5th for $40 on clearance. I am 5' 11 and slim/athletic build 162lbs and the medium was too short to comfortably tuck in. This was a huge let down because the quality is outstanding and it fit me very slim. The price was right. I should probably buy some and sell them here.

Anyone find them slightly short to tuck in? I really need some slim OCBD's so I guess I wi go with Brooks Brothers extra slim again...

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 68stang
FYI Gitman Brothers Vintage shirts here in Dallas at Off 5th for $40 on clearance. I am 5' 11 and slim/athletic build 162lbs and the medium was too short to comfortably tuck in. This was a huge let down because the quality is outstanding and it fit me very slim. The price was right. I should probably buy some and sell them here.

Anyone find them slightly short to tuck in? I really need some slim OCBD's so I guess I wi go with Brooks Brothers extra slim again...

Buy all the mediums you can and sell em here please. you will find many willing buyers.

*#..

Reaction score
If they're smalls, wouldn't mind a FS thread either
biggrin.gif

ambivalence

Reaction score
Alright just went to the tailor and tailor the shirts, for my ocbd.. I went to add darts, shorten the sleeve length and the slimness of the armhole. For the dishtowel only tailor the slimness of the armhole .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads