• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gdot
Ok Guys, This is my first fit.

Looks good, Godot - you need a white linen hank there, and maybe 1.5" less length in the trou, but its all good.

TexasDan

Reaction score
Gdot - In addition to the trouser length, the jacket looks like it may be a touch to snug.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Vox's butler?

North wall, top section, first on the left.
smile.gif

olympus

Reaction score
Could someone explain all the love for Mr.voxsartoria's outfit ? It looks like a light lime green sport coat on my monitor
confused.gif
. Does it appear some other amazing color on your screens ? Fit is great though.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
♪"Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty (thanks, CVS cloth tape!)"♫

1120905387_CMRox-O.jpg

- B

Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
I like this a lot, but the tie looks weak next to the blazer? Fit is awesome, and I like the ps fold!

Originally Posted by JMasa
^I really like this!

Impeccable.

worship.gif

Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Nice.

Originally Posted by RogerC
That is lovely.

Originally Posted by Philip1978
Just awesome.
worship.gif

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
That is awesome, is the jacket linen?

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Vox's butler?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by olympus
Could someone explain all the love for Mr.voxsartoria's outfit ? It looks like a light lime green sport coat on my monitor
confused.gif
. Does it appear some other amazing color on your screens ? Fit is great though.

I wouldn't say the jacket is full on lime green - a bit quieter than that.

But the real deal is the fabulous fit, particularly the beautifully made natural shape of the shoulders on the jacket.

Add in the perfection of proportion between all the elements (tie, collar, lapel), sunglasses that perfectly fit the face, the sharp haircut, as well as the confidence in his posture.

When it all comes together like this the look becomes greater than the sum of it's parts.

(Whether or not you like the color - the REAL deal is the absolute confidence which is excuded by the wearer. Confidence bolstered from his knowledge in the perfection of his ensemble.)

teacha.gif

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by molayo
Encouraged by some good comments, I am being bold to post another WAYWRN.It's Saturday, so I wore jeans with a jacket. I did try a pocket square but still it looks weird to me.
eh.gif

glencohen1.jpg
glencohen2.jpg
glencohen3.jpg
While posting, I found I had worn almost the same style last weekend.
beigeindigo.jpg

I think the original fit is much better... reason? that SC and pants call for a more colorful shirt to liven things up a little, plus your second fit's shirt had a scale of pattern too close to the SC and the colors were just too muted. The SC and jeans said \\casual and the shirt (though a button-down) seemed too conservative.
Originally Posted by Crombie
Well you might dress stylishly, but I think your personality could use some work.
Not directed at Phil only, but what a hell of a welcome. True, the outfit needs a lot of improvement (ok actually a complete restart) but the tone seemed a little harsh IMO. OP, grow some thick skin, keep posting, and understand everyone's got good intentions. Remember, he hits me because he loves me...
Originally Posted by joneog
An attempt at casual; lets keep the collective disapprobation of the moccasin-loafers civil.
jo_bp_1.jpg
jo_bp_2.jpg
[/SPOILER]

the moc's aren't the problem here, it's the shirt. It's just so dull and lifeless and doesn't match the color or style of the shoes. Keep the shoes and pants, but swap out the shirt to something that coordinates, even a simple white or loose colorful linen shirt would work. Look at Mr.K's summer fits for ideas... also consider a casual belt like a woven/braided or colorful ribbon d-ring belt.
Ok Guys, This is my first fit. The intention here is plain old boring business presentation look. I want to look polished and professional - but take a background to the presentation. Most of my current clients are in the middle east - the climate is VERY hot and often very humid. So this suit is a very lightweight high twist 160 yarn fabric. So thin it's practically transparent. Drapes beautifully - but also shows every little thing.
Musta made the tailor crazy.
laugh.gif
navyfront.jpg
navytwo.jpg
NavySide.jpg
NavyThree.jpg
Suit - Canali OTR Shirt - Truzzi Tie - Zegna Belt - Ferragamo Shoes - Bally (They are very dark chocolate.) Tailoring - Mario Bosco Atlanta (Did I mention my clients are total Euro label whores?????
bounce2.gif
) Go crazy on me guys - quite perfection is my goal. (God do I need a haircut!)

Pants are a bit long. I understand not everyone' into the whole no break thing so these might be more acceptable with your crowd but they're long for SF standards. The tie seems a bit wide for the suit. could be the camera angle, but what struck me the most in your pic is an example of SF standards versus what works for you specifically. IMO your pants are too narrow, and it makes your upper body look even bigger. Proportions... if the pants were just that bit wider they'd balance out the top half.
confused.gif

I'm not getting it either. Nice pieces, but the green with green isn't doing it for me either, particularly with the tie being darker. B - I do wish you'd wear this one again, one of my favorites of yours:
beigesuitolivegreentiev.jpg

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
confused.gif

It's some sort of character you will learn to appreciate. And the fit ofcourse.
biggrin.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
You guys are going to make me go back to work early.

laugh.gif
but we all know thats not true.

Originally Posted by binge
20110701-1.jpg

i am not using spoiler tags because this is helarioso and is worth seeing many times

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
Work outfit again:

Prepare to BeDazzled:
war011.jpg

I literally said out loud, "Holy ****."

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Kevin, I would wear the **** out of that tie.
fistbump.gif

Which one, Spoo? The bejeweled one? Say it ain't so...

Originally Posted by joneog
An attempt at casual; lets keep the collective disapprobation of the moccasin-loafers civil.

jo_bp_1.jpg

jo_bp_2.jpg

Shoes? Whatever. The shirt shouldn't be within a country mile of those trousers.

Originally Posted by PaoloM
Only took the pic to show off the furnishings. (they make us puff up our tie like that above the pin)

They? Who are "they"?

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crombie
Good for you

Obviously in the hope of drinking from the font of your infinite wisdom. But since you didn't offer any, I'm not sure why you jumped in with such thoughtful comments.

Ah, praise from you Navi - something of which I can only dream.

You're right, my contributions pale in comparison to yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads