• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, other than about an inch on the length and maybe a slightly lower button stance this would be perfect...and like you said, with no alterations at all. Maybe I can get to the store sometime to try on a 42L to see what that looks like.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Minarchist
Also be warned SuitSupply's site itself is very NSFW.

Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
This.

Are you guys serious? Where do you work? I think their site used to be much racier...

Minarchist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lonneker
Are you guys serious? Where do you work? I think their site used to be much racier...
I work in the Vatican, for the Pope. Obviously.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Minarchist
I work in the Vatican, for the Pope. Obviously.

Then you should be fine though; we all know now that they tolerate a lot more there than what you see on this website.

True, it used to be much worse, but it's still not OK for my office....I work in finance and I would not want to get caught with naked butts on my screen.

I realize people are getting nervous with the upcoming cuts, but, unless you work for CS, you should be fine.

DrStrangelove

Reaction score
This is one of their "London"-cut-suits (compared to "Napoli"-cut: longer jacket, lower buttoning point, chest a bit fuller)
fitpic1customk7nr.jpg
fitpic2customz7ig.jpg
Size 40L If someone is interested, I have a database with the chest, waist and sleeve measurements of the Sienna, London, Napoli, Jort, Washington, Roma and Lazio-cut-

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's a nice fit for something straight OTR.

JakeLA

Reaction score
There are maybe three models on the entire Suit Supply website wearing jackets that fit. The photos of Mr. Strangelove up above do more to sell me on the product than their ****** site full of goons standing like robots or lying between some greased-up ****. Nothing against greased-up ****, mind you.

DrStrangelove

Reaction score
What alterations would you propose?
The different sleeve length is a result of my low shoulder. That's also the reason for the wrinkles on the left side of the jacket. That could be fixed with a shoulderpad, but then the left hand cuff would show even more. That is the curse of the working cuffs... :/

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the length wrong the first time, it's actually 31" BOC. 31.5" probably would have been a little better for me, and I may have kept it, but 32" would be ideal. Here's the rest of the measurements and some pics. Again, this was tagged

beatle, if you're just using this as a casual jacket, such as with jeans to go to dinner, then I think the shorter length is ok.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
beatle, if you're just using this as a casual jacket, such as with jeans to go to dinner, then I think the shorter length is ok.

Yeah, I've thought about that. I'm really looking for something that can double as a casual jacket but also be dressed up with trousers, shirt, and tie. Also, the high buttoning point was bothering me too.

DrStrangelove - I definitely like the longer cut and lower buttoning point on that jacket. I agree that most of the models on that site look like crap too.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
At the risk of losing most of my i-Gent points, I bought a charcoal wool SuitSupply suit from their top line ($650), and I'm extremely pleased. It's the best OTR suit I've found for an athletic physique, aside from Luigi Bianchi Mantova, which I've never been able to find in my size. I think it's a good value, even compared to suits on GILT that come up at 40% off. I really like the wider lapels, soft rounded shoulders, and moderate waist suppression.

For clarification, the suits are longer than the ones seen on the models in their website. It looks like most of their models are 6'0"-6'2" and wearing Regular length. Many of them look preposterously short, but I figure they're just playing to the fashion-forward crowd. I'm 6'2.5" and the 40L suit I ordered isn't too short at all. It runs 1/4" shorter in length than the Polo RL suit I tried on. I think the cut and construction of the suit is slightly superior to J.Crew's best offering, which I find too modern and youthful.

If you want pictures, I can try to come up with some.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
At the risk of losing most of my i-Gent points, I bought a charcoal wool SuitSupply suit from their top line ($650), and I'm extremely pleased. It's the best OTR suit I've found for an athletic physique, aside from Luigi Bianchi Mantova, which I've never been able to find in my size. I think it's a good value, even compared to suits on GILT that come up at 40% off. I really like the wider lapels, soft rounded shoulders, and moderate waist suppression.

For clarification, the suits are longer than the ones seen on the models in their website. It looks like most of their models are 6'0"-6'2" and wearing Regular length. Many of them look preposterously short, but I figure they're just playing to the fashion-forward crowd. I'm 6'2.5" and the 40L suit I ordered isn't too short at all. It runs 1/4" shorter in length than the Polo RL suit I tried on. I think the cut and construction of the suit is slightly superior to J.Crew's best offering, which I find too modern and youthful.

If you want pictures, I can try to come up with some.

This sounds great, glad you're happy with the purchase. Would you be able to supply any measurements on your 40L jacket? I'm interested in the shoulder and overall length (BOC) measurements if you have those handy. the 31" length on my 40L jacket was too short for me, so I wonder if maybe you just got a different cut of theirs that has a longer overall length.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics