• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edris
Anyone know where one could acquire silk or silk blend t-shirts?
Man of Moods seems to offer silk blend tees every season. Usually it's a cotton/silk/rayon blend that's very smooth light and airy without any shine. Other than a slight drop in the neckline, they are very basic and clean looking. The care labels on these shirts say "hand wash only" and "do not dry clean". But I have put them in the washing machine on gentle cycle and hang dry without issue.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Man, **** Air Canada. Two hour delay and I'm stuck in Toronto overnight.
Air Canada ranks as about "average" among all airlines in North America. Considering how bad most US domestic flights are these days, that's a pretty much a condemnation. Today's airlines are like yesterday's Greyhound bus.

Cordwinder

Reaction score
Japanese friend asked me this question and I had no answers.
Why are wifebeaters called wifebeaters in America?

I know they are called runnings (in japan), tank top and singlet in other parts of the world.
Anyone?

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ice86x
i don't know about calling your bank account, but i always use credit card with paypal so that i can always file a claim. make sure you warm SF users who he is too so that no one deals with him
I paid with a debit card. Yeah I will once this straightens out. He's a member here as well.
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
Wish more folks would realize that signing away their buyer protection isn't worth the couple of bucks they save
I was quite adamant that I wanted to send the money via non-gift, said I would pay the fees too but like I said, he insisted on gift and I really wanted the item so I went ahead with it. He doesn't seem to have negative feedback on sufu so far and initially he responded pretty quick, and when it came to refunding me the extra money I paid for express he was pretty quick too. Just got my fingers crossed now that he did send the item and it's just stuck in stupid customs, or that I can get my money back if he tried to pull a scam on me. I agree it was naive on my part. I would appreciate any more advice on this matter. Thanks.
Originally Posted by drmmr
Okay, I bought something off sufu more than a month ago. Paid by gift because the seller insisted and I really wanted it. It's been more than a month and the item hasn't arrived. Seller hasn't been responding either. I paid for express shipping (located outside the States) but the last time the seller responded, he apparently forgot about express and sent it via priority, he then apologized and refunded me the extra I paid for express. So I thought he was legit and **** but like I said he hasn't been responding. Naivity on my part but can I still call my bank and get my money back?

jwied82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Perfect example of why I'll NEVER pay gift unless I know person and have dealt with before or know they have a strong community presence. Sorry to hear about that though, hopefully you can resolve the issue.

Fashion thought, I've become a bit of a Geller whore recently are there any other brands I should look into to branch out? I know Fok recommended General Idea but only available in Korea and while runway looked good I didn't see a single thing I liked from those Korean shops. Not related but I really like what I've seen of Schneider but can't afford to cop on student budget.

And it's time to wash my Geller Seconds shirt would I be straight to wash it in the machine on hand wash cycle? If so do I set spin to extra low or turn it off?

pretty sure general idea has been on gilt, actually. Didnt really like much of what they had, iirc.

S-Town

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cordwinder
Japanese friend asked me this question and I had no answers.
Why are wifebeaters called wifebeaters in America?

I know they are called runnings (in japan), tank top and singlet in other parts of the world.
Anyone?

generally speaking, you don't see non-shady people wearing these as their out-in-public shirt. on another note, i've never really seen the benefit to wearing a sleeveless undershirt. i wear undershirts to provide a buffer between my deodorant and my shirts. is it just to keep the nips from showing through thinner shirts???

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Singed the eyelashes above my left eye. Not firework related.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Singed the eyelashes above my left eye. Not firework related.
(crack) Cocaine is a hell of a drug

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Air Canada ranks as about "average" among all airlines in North America. Considering how bad most US domestic flights are these days, that's a pretty much a condemnation. Today's airlines are like yesterday's Greyhound bus.

I have been saying this forever-- US airplanes are basically flying buses. Coach is an animal pen, and I am stuck there on most flights so I know, not baller. Regional airlines can be okay. I like Alaska and Virgin. the major US airlines are misery tho.

I will be on Lufthansa in a few days, which is a personal favorite.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
(crack) Cocaine is a hell of a drug

That was certainly the running joke.

I was at a party earlier in the evening. Too many beers plus me attempting to light a joint that was nearly cashed out led to the unfortunate contact with the eyelashes. My eye got a bit watery, but I didn't realize why until someone asked me quite a while later what happened to my eyelashes.

Somewhat fashion-related comment: My friend was taking quick snapshots during the party. I'm almost always appalled at the angles of most candid pictures of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads