• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
nomad was a little too stinky for me but Sienna's not bad. Sandalwood, well there are so many others out there that are probably better.

but hey, L'Occitane's put out a few winners, so why not check C&E?

just got ahold of some Creed Royal Aoud.. it's actually pretty good!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
just got ahold of some Creed Royal Aoud.. it's actually pretty good!

That insanely expensive new stuff? Do elaborate...

Reaction score
kenzo power this stuff lasts and lasts for a light frag

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
That insanely expensive new stuff? Do elaborate...
Is it expensive? I assumed it would be around normal prices. I only sprayed a strip but my impressions was a nice, somewhat dry wood (agarwood) with a bit of richness. Not stinky or spicy in a dirty way at least. perhaps even a little boring. It must have developed somehow becuase the next morning the strip just had a light sweet smell, almost a bit milky.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Crabtree & Evelyn? Why on earth would you blind buy that?

Their Sandalwood got a few recs, particularly for its price point ($45). The big complaint about it was that it was too soapy, which was a deal-breaker for me. That said, I have a soft spot for C&E based on their Sweet Almond Oil products, especially their shave cream (now discontinued). Once they closed their last standalone boutique in Houston, they've gotten more difficult to find. They had a great small shop in the Galleria years and years ago, and then they expanded to a bigger space, which evidently was too big for their revenues, so they pulled out altogether.

Along those lines, I briefly considered springing for Taylor's of Old Bond Street Sandalwood which is even lower on the price scale...but that too would have to be a blind buy - but I have tried Trumper's Sandalwood which is a dead ringer for Egoiste...which brings me back around to something that is plenty good enough regardless of the (very reasonable) price. I really ought to stop looking.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it expensive? I assumed it would be around normal prices. I only sprayed a strip but my impressions was a nice, somewhat dry wood (agarwood) with a bit of richness. Not stinky or spicy in a dirty way at least. perhaps even a little boring. It must have developed somehow becuase the next morning the strip just had a light sweet smell, almost a bit milky.

From what they're showing on their website, the 2.5 oz bottle is at least $300.

Most of their other ones are 240-280 for the 4 oz. one, with Aventus having been the most expensive of the "basic" scents.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
oh wow. ok who wants to buy this sprayed card? only $10!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Muscs Koublai Khan today.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Vintage Ungaro III today (thanks MC). The vintage red top stuff makes the new black top seem a lot more synthetic in comparison. And the new formaulation adds a metallic/acquatic accord on top compared to the vintage.

C&E Sienna is the only scent I had ever worn until recently and I haven't tried Sienna in at least 10 years. I am curious to try it again.

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
question to you guys. Today I was in TJ Maxx, and I saw salvator ferragamo for men, it was 15 bucks, and I had my phone so I googled it and saw it had a fig scent, which I like. so I bought it. I really like it. however, right next to the cologne on the shelf, was "salvator ferragamo platinum" basically looked exactly the same as the box i bought, but was white and said Platinum on it. i googled on my phone while I was in the store and couldnt find anything on it. so i didnt buy it. I searched on my laptop just now and absolutely nothing came up for salvator ferragamo platinum. anybody ever heard of this?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hot and sunny, so Jardin sur le Toit again. It's 'juicy' and refreshing.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hot and sunny, so Jardin sur le Toit again. It's 'juicy' and refreshing.

I'm liking that one quite a bit, though I don't get all the notes that the marketing department and some reviewers get, e.g., the compost note. I think I'd like it even more if I got some of those funky notes.

Kiton Men for me today.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yeah I also would have liked some more depth to it. All I'm getting is apple juice and maybe some sort of floral, plus a sense of stone tiles or cold concrete. Feels very Greek islands based on my memories

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yesterday - Tauer Un Rose Chypre - Not half bad at all. Need another sampling on this one to make a final decision.

Today - PdN L'eau Mixte - Kind of a greeinsh floral. Very bright and summery. Not bad either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads