• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

well-kept

Reaction score
You can either hae these or loe them. (Insert "v" or "ath")

wcp45

Reaction score
Here's a plug for beautiful, unusual shoes. I bought the pictured shoe from Lattanzi (picture is copied from page 39 of this thread!) about three months ago. One of the first times I wore them an attractive young woman stopped me as I was walking to my office and said "I just wanted to tell you, those are the most beautiful shoes I've ever seen. Where did you get them?" It happened again last week when I was lecturing to some law students. After the lecture a young woman told me, "The entire time you were talking I was thinking, what beautiful shoes."

On the other hand, there may be a downside to wearing these shoes. I doubt either of the women could identify my face (and the student may not have been paying attention to the substance of the lecture!).

p1010545axp8.jpg

p1010547aoo4.jpg

well-kept

Reaction score
Look at it this way. If they can't identify your face you can do anything and get off scott free. Just change your shoes for the police lineup.

ABALO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by well-kept
You can either hae these or loe them. (Insert "v" or "ath")

And apart from being so funny, do you personnally go barefoot ??

well-kept

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ABALO
And apart from being so funny, do you personnally go barefoot ??

No, and I suggested you could love them. I'm wearing Alden whiskey shell chukkas at the moment, my taste not drastically different from yours, it would seem.

ABALO

Reaction score
No, and I suggested you could love them. I'm wearing Alden whiskey shell chukkas at the moment, my taste not drastically different from yours, it would seem.

I am not an expert of Alden... Is it this model ??

alden02l.jpg

ABALO

Reaction score
Nice...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the ebay shoe finds thread I picked up this spanking new pair of Florsheim split toes from 1986, still in the box with receipt. The socks are the light blue Nagranis from chorse (love em!)

wcp45

Reaction score
Look at it this way. If they can't identify your face you can do anything and get off scott free. Just change your shoes for the police lineup.

Ah, but beautiful shoes should only be used for good, not for evil. To quote Stan Lee, with great power comes great responsibility.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton Damage for me:

43papo6.jpg
2sanx4w.jpg
40pr03d.jpg

2vt8dp2.jpg

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
The first of the Paul Stuart damage:

I saw those, passed them by, came back and finally walked away without trying them on. Glad to see someone snagged them.

lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads