• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sup lane
hAGtJh.jpg
lulz
silentx4/geller jeans

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
tell me you didn't go out in public with the cuffs like that?

I wear cuffs like that but with ankle showing too. Actually I wear my apcs cuffed like that right now. Nine inches, no joke.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
Thanks for all the detail. I understand the "tailor can't do it" shoulders comment--I've read a lot of the tailoring talk here. I don't think the armholes are terribly low at all, but I'll examine. The shapelessness is just weird because it's the most form-fitting jacket I've found; I'm wondering if A. it's because my suits have previously not been any good, so by comparison, to me, it's way better (but still not good enough for styleforum,) B. that I'm built like a stick so I have no shape to give it or C. these pictures are all angles/poses that conceal some of the curve. I'll look into it. Yeah, this was not my best tie-knotting day. I can do better. the shirt: I need more spread collar shirts. the collar did rest under the lapels when I put it on--see pic 2 for proof that it'll do it. They just didn't stay there, which is probably the fault of the jacket. Putting my hand in my pocket moved my shoulder, which jacked up the lapel area so it didn't cover it anymore.
Well, what's the brand? Many cheaper, mall brands produce suits without any real shape. Tailoring them is a waste, because why spend oodles of money on poor quality RTW stuff? And the sut is also probably 1-2 sizes too large on top of that. You look like a 36-38 but that jacket looks to be about a 40-42. Since you're a skinny fella, I'd look into some nicer labels that produce slimmish suits. Rag & Bone, BoO, Black Fleece, etc. Dunno how much you wanna spend, but I think one good suit is worth it.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
The jeans should sit on your shoes, with a slight break (perhaps). Those are like 4-6" too long!
confused.gif

Change the shirt, too.

don't listen to this guy. he wears jacket and tie with jeans.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They don't really go with the whole plaid+chinos look

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, that outfit is sick simply because it represents the transition from the Styleforum of Old to the Styleforum of New, from head gradually to toe. Aesthetically I'm not a fan.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sneakers are really designer-y bur they rest of the outfit looks americana-y.

I amost want to suggest a white fitted for the hypebeast look

obiter dictum

Reaction score
I was actually going for a clash between top and bottom, but I guess it didn't work out. Still don't know about the sneaks though. They look really goofy, but when I'm walking around and happen to look down, I'm all "daym dat looks pretty coo" in my head.

Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
it represents the transition from the Styleforum of Old to the Styleforum of New, from head gradually to toe.
Hahaha. Gotta try doing it the other way around next time -- toe to head. Think I have some RW GTs lying around somewhere...

jwied82

Reaction score
the shirt and chino appear to fit really well though. I like them on their own alot. shoes im undecided on... would have to see them in a fit where they worked better.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
11-07-01.jpg

Not sure about these sneaks.

very cool, but the sneakers just dont go with plaid and khakis. Im all for mixing and matching, but not that. But the plaid and khakis are a great fit. Throw a pair of CPs or something in there and thats real nice..
Originally Posted by jwied82
the shirt and chino appear to fit really well though. I like them on their own alot, and the shoes on their own also.
edit; basically this^, +1..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics