• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Scotty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by E,TF
Well I'll stick my neck out and say yes, they look a little chunky to me - I think the fact you're asking the question shows you think so too really
biggrin.gif
But I guess you could always try them anyway and return them if they're no good (post some pics and you'll find out soon enough!).

Maybe you're right and I'm just looking for an excuse to buy some heavily brogued shoes when I'm in need of more boring but versatile shoes. This will have to wait.

Thanks.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trifon
...Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated!
I recently attended a wedding in Mexico held on the beach in the afternoon. We were told to wear beach attire. Since the event took place in Mexico, I thought I'd dress up a bit with a nice guayabera shirt over linen slacks. Other than one poor fellow who had been told that a nice polo and some cargo shorts would be fine, I was the least dressed male there. EVERYONE else showed up in a suit. I had the opportunity to slip back to the house and change to my suit but I felt so bad for the guy in the shorts, I stayed as I was in a show of support. Dress your best and then remove pieces as you deem appropriate.

Minarchist

Reaction score
Similar to the shoe question above, is it relatively easy to resuscitate heavily-creased shoes (as opposed to the earlier scuff)? My local consignment store has a very nice pair of C&J for RL Polo for $70, and they're in perfect shape except for some pretty serious crease.

HarrisonK

Reaction score
What color/style pants/shorts can I wear these with? They are called taupe suede and are grayish brownish. What do they work with?
LowResHDR2.jpg

stormboy202

Reaction score
One of the Gant by MB pieces in the S/S 2011 collection. It's pretty heavy discounted from $600 to $230 (w/ free shipping), but still can't decide on it. So should I pull the trigger on this bad boy?
the_mb_madras_blazer.jpg

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stormboy202
One of the Gant by MB pieces in the S/S 2011 collection. It's pretty heavy discounted from $600 to $230 (w/ free shipping), but still can't decide on it. So should I pull the trigger on this bad boy?
the_mb_madras_blazer.jpg

SK-0004.front__28957_zoom.JPG

Don't think it matches the skirt but if your school lets you get away with it.

ironduke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarrisonK
What color/style pants/shorts can I wear these with? They are called taupe suede and are grayish brownish. What do they work with?

Nearly every trousers man wears!

divitius

Reaction score
What color sport coat other than navy do you think would look best with mid brown ('coffee colored') wool trousers and light blue OCBD on someone with lighter skin? Thanks.

utexas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by divitius
What color sport coat other than navy do you think would look best with mid brown ('coffee colored') wool trousers and light blue OCBD on someone with lighter skin? Thanks.

Spoo rocked this combo a month ago.

PL92106

Reaction score
Hi - I was wondering if anyone knew if Paul Stuart Stuart's Choice shoes come with lasted shoe trees. I just ordered some and was wondering if they already came with trees or if I should also order the $60 trees as well. Are they lasted?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads