• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
I've always been supportive of my wife's emphasis on her career and I still am. You are definitely right in that it was good that she was honest with me. I would hate HAte HATE to me in a situation where we have the kid, she resents kid for ruining her career, and in the long run nobody is happy.

We agreed that we're just not going to talk about kids until she wants to bring it up because she has changed her mind. If she doesn't bring it up, that's fine, until the time when it isn't fine. I have no idea when that point is, but I'm not going to worry about it for awhile.

BTW, Rambo, I'm really pulling for you in that I hope you don't wind up at Karaoke for one tonight.

Mrs. Thomas was stridently anti-children since before we married. Then we hosted an exchange student and she then decided she likes children around the house. By this time we had been married 9 years. Thus, we wound up going the foster/adoption route.

And, Rambo, good luck this evening.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well I'll keep hope alive. BTW, is that your dog in your avatar. Love that big stupid grin he/she seems to be wearing.
Nah, some ridiculous picture I found on the internet. ****** makes me laugh every time I look at him.
Originally Posted by Thomas
And, Rambo, good luck this evening.
I need it guys. Thanks.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
And, just to compound my nighttime misery, its pouring rain, again, for the 3 weekend in a row.

^^ be glad you have it. My water bill this month came in today: $269.25

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
eek.gif
puzzled.gif
eek.gif
Get the **** out. Seriously? Why on earth is it so high? We were in the middle of a pretty ******* severe drought, and now its been raining for 2 weeks straight, every single ******* day. Before that, all of may was clear and cloud free. Weather's been ******* weird.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
eek.gif
puzzled.gif
eek.gif

Get the **** out. Seriously? Why on earth is it so high?

We were in the middle of a pretty ******* severe drought, and now its been raining for 2 weeks straight, every single ******* day. Before that, all of may was clear and cloud free. Weather's been ******* weird.

SRSLY. 63,000 gallons.

First: the swimming pool. Once it gets below the skimmer level, I'm looking at a burned-out pump (which isn't quite as expensive. I've had to run a hose in the dam thing for an afternoon just to get the water to a decent level.

B: The lawn. about 1/3 acre of grass, plus gardens. I let it go for a week, and parts went brown and then the damn cinch bugs flared up - which is a big issue for me.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
SRSLY. 63,000 gallons.

First: the swimming pool. Once it gets below the skimmer level, I'm looking at a burned-out pump (which isn't quite as expensive. I've had to run a hose in the dam thing for an afternoon just to get the water to a decent level.

B: The lawn. about 1/3 acre of grass, plus gardens. I let it go for a week, and parts went brown and then the damn cinch bugs flared up - which is a big issue for me.

**** that. For that much money I'd move to a condo.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mrs. Thomas was stridently anti-children since before we married. Then we hosted an exchange student and she then decided she likes children around the house. By this time we had been married 9 years. Thus, we wound up going the foster/adoption route.

Good to know that there's hope.

And, just to compound my nighttime misery, its pouring rain, again, for the 3 weekend in a row.

Not to gloat but we've had the perfect mix of the occasional shower here and there. Gonna be hot as balls this weekend (north of 90 degrees), at least for us Yankees.

Damn son! I'm not looking fwd to our next water bill either. No swimming pool, but we had to redo the front lawn. That has involved a lot of intense watering. Given that I live about 1 mile from one of the largest bodies of fresh water in the world, it's pretty amazing how much they get away with charging for water around here.

Well I'm off for the weekend. See you guys on Sunday night.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
**** that. For that much money I'd move to a condo.

Well, if we got some rain or daytime highs under 100...the bill would come in at a more-reasonable $50-80.

Put it this way: it's so unusually dry here that people who normally moan about the humidity are now moaning about the lack of humidity.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
new people moving in downstairs look like douchebags.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Whelp, there go my plans. Guess what time it is?: Karaoke for one time!!!!!!!
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
Tonight, in honor of their recent visit, I'll be performing a selection from the venerable U2 band. Should be quite the show. I even have orange glasses to cement my Bono impersonation.

cerfvolant

Reaction score
Whelp, there go my plans. Guess what time it is?:

Karaoke for one time!!!!!!!
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

Tonight, in honor of their recent visit, I'll be performing a selection from the venerable U2 band. Should be quite the show. I even have orange glasses to cement my Bono impersonation.

ffffuuuu.gif
Bro, take me with.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I did indeed. It was the subject of much conversation before we tied the knot so I thought we were on the same page. Over the next couple of years, however, I guess she has changed her mind.

She has always been very career focused and feels that they wouldn't be able to meet the standards she would hold herself to as a career woman and a mother.

fwiw, I also was and still am in the same boat. acidwife was hesitant to have a child when we got married, and knowing my wife I just sat it out and waited, but whenever I got the chance I'd tell her that that's what I want. she finally agreed to have one baby, 2 years into our marriage.

the 2nd one took a longer time though- 5 years. and right now I'm still gunning for a 3rd. she was absolutely against the idea of a 3rd kid, but right now I'm seeing ****** in her armor.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think I just had an abortion come out of my nose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads