• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Business to start on a low budget?

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fraiche
Online website selling fad products.

i think i read somewhere that the guy who started the website for the "we killed osama" t-shirts made six figures in...god, weeks.

kiwilist

Reaction score
@Mr Incognito - I suggest your cousin to complete his study in businss administration and then think about the business. Withought any business knowledge he cannot do anything.

jdh11

Reaction score
As other serious posters suggested - try some sort of business that functions as a service so you don't need inventory (which requires a lot of startup capital). Some service that makes life more convenient for people - professional organizer, car leasing broker, mortgage broker.

I know someone who is a car leasing broker - he makes arrangements with several car dealerships for their cars that they have trouble moving off their inventory, and then he offers leases for any brand/models of cars, but he offers great deals for the ones that the dealers are trying to get rid of. And he delivers the car to people's homes and all the paperwork is taken care of at the time of delivery.

xpress

Reaction score
Most of these replies are pretty dumb.

Get him to open up a home inspection, or other low capital construction based business, and have him move to the Canadian east. LOTS of potential.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by Concordia
Requires inventory. With the older profession, the less you have on the shelf, the more you can charge.

True but you need to diversify and it seems whole sale operations will front inventory with no money down quite often.
or buy some inventory sell it with the profit buy more repeat as needed. or possibly in invest in green house and get some opium coca seeds and make the inventory himself but ina ny event for nay oen that is think on their feet , has drive and is poor. drug dealing the way to go. and actually having a second job could actually help as it could give him conections to potential costumers.

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have him start a 24 hour maid/cleaning service. You'll have men calling you at 4 am desperately needing someone to clean the house get rid of the evidence of the stripper party before his wife gets home in 4 hours from her business trip. Then he can gouge the **** out of him.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your friend should've been building his 'business' since before he started college.

Last edited:

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your friend should've been building his 'business' since before he started college.

How do you build your business before you start college? I am a junior in highschool right now and really interested in looking for ideas. Hope this doesn't derail thread.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you build your business before you start college? I am a junior in highschool right now and really interested in looking for ideas. Hope this doesn't derail thread.

did you even read the thread ? ilegal drugs sell them make them transport them who cares.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a few pretty good steps:

1.) become a human. this means that you stop being mediocre. stop having nothing to differentiate you from anyone else.
2.) take the thing that makes you different and explore why it makes you different
3.) find out how you can package your humanity into a product
4.) start out making a little bit of money. after a few years, you'll either still be making a little bit of money or be ******* insanely rich.

entrepreneurship in a nutshell

enzyme

Reaction score
I'm new around here, so I'll gather the landscape before I start going in on some people with their absurd remarks.

1. Vending Machines
2. Street Sweeper
3. Courier Service
4. Janitorial Service

Bundle it all up into enterprise facilities management solutions.

blackjack

Reaction score
Tried proven and boring ideas are probably the way to go. However, if he wants new cool and different, then he might want to take a look at the various new businesses listed on this site:

http://www.springwise.com/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads