• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Has anyone worn in their kurabo jeans? I've seen little to no photos of how the denim ages online, an I'm real curious to see how they turn out. The texture on them unworn looks quite different from the cone mills ones. I love the fit on my cone mills smiths, and would be down for another pair in the same cut with a different fabric, especially while there's still some 28s available. Thanks.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joe1182
Killing me Mike with the new Western print loafer. Hoping these come in a B come Fall because lord knows I need a pair. As an owner now of 5 pairs of the chinos, in the past two months mind you, I'll say caution to all new comers to Epaulet- it's addicting. I've been holding off on the shirting but it's time to take the plunge.

Looking forward to the shorts. Any thoughts on single vents on the jackets?- hope that isn't sacrilegious to ask on here...

Originally Posted by rkusmant
need shoes in size 13...

Thanks guys!

We'll definitely be able to take special orders in widths and extended sizes on select Fall styles once all of my leather comes in.

And we're going to roll with just the double-vent jacket model for this Fall season, but who knows for the season after that. Menswear details are always changing, so I never say never.

Originally Posted by MartinLil
Great prices for those cordovan straps!

Thank you! Da Luca does a great job with those. It's nice to have a Cordovan strap that's a bit more rugged with heavier stitching. They look ace with dive watches.

Originally Posted by uhavenokliu
Getting a little publicity over at malefashionadvice on reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashiona...nts_are_these/

"Epaulet makes the best ******* pants ever." - lordgold

"a $200 pair of pants from Epaulet feels better than most $500 pants I've handled." - Liberalguy123

Haha, thanks for posting that! I've never seen that board before. It's amazing that two members are utterly convinced that the heavyweight chinos are "microsuede." You know, I never thought to make that, but I guess it would be definitely next-level.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike- I bought a Our Legacy shirt on sale that doesn't fit and you don't have my size. Do I have any options? I'd rather put it towards the parka or something that I can use. Or is it final sale period?

skunkworks

Reaction score
I can see where the microsuede thing comes from -- the gunmetal chino fabric has a ridiculously soft hand. Mike, thx for consistently making a superior product. Going to enjoy the Rudie hat & shadow dot shirt in St. Maarten in a week
smile.gif

PDinh

Reaction score
Just ordered my first pair of ep chinos a couple of days ago. I'm beyond stoked.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skunkworks
I can see where the microsuede thing comes from -- the gunmetal chino fabric has a ridiculously soft hand.

Mike, thx for consistently making a superior product. Going to enjoy the Rudie hat & shadow dot shirt in St. Maarten in a week
smile.gif

Thank you sir! And whoa, St. Maarten? You're gonna have an awesome time there!

Originally Posted by PDinh
Just ordered my first pair of ep chinos a couple of days ago. I'm beyond stoked.

Thank you!

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how that western print belt would look with chinos or the dress trousers.

nycxandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
Mike- I bought a Our Legacy shirt on sale that doesn't fit and you don't have my size. Do I have any options? I'd rather put it towards the parka or something that I can use. Or is it final sale period?
I believe all markdown items are final sale.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over at http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...07280&page=255 tonio028 kindly pointed me to your manufactory and I am highly interested in purchasing some of your trousers.
May I ask two questions before doing so?

1. I am just under 5'8/172cm high and weigh around 123lbs/56kg so in general I have to look for mens' trousers of width 28 which are very rarely offered.
As an avid athlete I have well-defined thights which makes my search for properly fitting trousers even more complicated.
So till now I was forced to two kinds of trousers - Carharrt WIP Slim Pants as well as Levis 501, 501s having shrinked to a tighter fit than the WIP Slim Pants which I quite like.
Looking for a suitable size tonio028 told me I should check my measurements regarding whether I should buy a W28 or 29, but as I do not even posses a tape measure I hope given information may help you as the manufacturer to give me advice?
2. I am looking for chinos in first place and before tonio028 made me aware of your offerings found this one to be very appealing:
http://shop.acnestudios.com/guy-hit.html?f=true
Slim fit, plane front, flat and sunk in pockets, "modern look".
Which of your styles would you recommend to me?

Thanks a lot in advance
smile.gif

nineohtoo

Reaction score
^grab some rivet chinos. I'm 135lbs and 5'6" and athletic(how you're taller and lighter though is beyond me) and I wear epaulet chinos and jeans in 28. If you're interested in fit pics, both should be somewhere in this thread if you search.

Simplicio

Reaction score
Just to report that I paid my first visit to the (Orchard St.) Epaulet store last week. I recommend stopping by to anyone visiting New York. It was great to meet Mike, and I think I may have figured out a few of my sizing issues. Now I have to decide whether I should re-order some of the pants that I may have originally purchased in the wrong size (and had tailored.) Mike was great and seemed none the worse for his previous night's karaoke excesses.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikecch
Hi there, will you be taking pre-orders for the next batch of Thorogood horsehide boots?
Any spec. changes from the current batch?
Thanks!

The new Thorogoods should arrive around the middle of September. The specs will be the same as last year's for the Brown Horsehide, and we'll add in a Black Horsehide too.

Preorders aren't really necessary - I've got 144 units coming in each color and a minimum of 12 pairs per size. We'll post up the boots here when they arrive, and there should be enough stock for everyone.

Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Over at http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...07280&page=255 tonio028 kindly pointed me to your manufactory and I am highly interested in purchasing some of your trousers.
May I ask two questions before doing so?

1. I am just under 5'8/172cm high and weigh around 123lbs/56kg so in general I have to look for mens' trousers of width 28 which are very rarely offered.
As an avid athlete I have well-defined thights which makes my search for properly fitting trousers even more complicated.
So till now I was forced to two kinds of trousers - Carharrt WIP Slim Pants as well as Levis 501, 501s having shrinked to a tighter fit than the WIP Slim Pants which I quite like.
Looking for a suitable size tonio028 told me I should check my measurements regarding whether I should buy a W28 or 29, but as I do not even posses a tape measure I hope given information may help you as the manufacturer to give me advice?
2. I am looking for chinos in first place and before tonio028 made me aware of your offerings found this one to be very appealing:
http://shop.acnestudios.com/guy-hit.html?f=true
Slim fit, plane front, flat and sunk in pockets, "modern look".
Which of your styles would you recommend to me?

Thanks a lot in advance
smile.gif

Thanks for posting!

I'll echo nineohtoo on this - I think that the Rivet Chino in 28 will be a great fit. All of our clothing works well on athletic physiques, as I cut everything "slim, but not skinny."

Originally Posted by Simplicio
Just to report that I paid my first visit to the (Orchard St.) Epaulet store last week. I recommend stopping by to anyone visiting New York. It was great to meet Mike, and I think I may have figured out a few of my sizing issues. Now I have to decide whether I should re-order some of the pants that I may have originally purchased in the wrong size (and had tailored.) Mike was great and seemed none the worse for his previous night's karaoke excesses.

Thank you sir, and it was great meeting you in person!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads