• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Brattman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
Looking at the projected prices for the sneakers, and the prices at Roden, I'd say more like $200 for the raws.

You're almost bang-on regarding the price of the raw denim. Guy at Four Horsemen said they will be $190.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had emailed Wings + Horns themselves about sizing. This is what they had to say.... "Thank you for your email. If you are a size US 9, you should be good with a size 42. Depending on whether you get the full leather or full suede body, the material will give a little as well as you wear it." Went ahead and got the all black highs. 4 bills for a sneaker. Hot damn. Pricey, but been waiting for these since the first pictures came out...pity to hold off now--will see how they are in a few months.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
I don't remember RG being good with responding to emails, any chance they get back to us about sizing before the long weekend........

as soon as you posted this, i was like "ah ****, i just emailed them for measurements."

then 3 seconds after i read your comment, i got an email from RG.
satisfied.gif

Alfa159

Reaction score
It seems RG has been fairly decent, recently with responding to emails. One day at the most.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
lol, was it their automated response email saying they will get back to you?

nope. fahim responded with my measurements.

Fahim.

Reaction score
After further clarification with Wings + Horns, the FW '11 sneakers fit approximately half a size smaller than Common Projects. We recommend sticking to your normal size as they fit truer to size than Common Projects.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fahim.
After further clarification with Wings + Horns, the FW '11 sneakers fit approximately half a size smaller than Common Projects. We recommend sticking to your normal size as they fit truer to size than Common Projects.

Did they mention if they run narrow like Common Projects?

Fahim.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 97laxlude
Did they mention if they run narrow like Common Projects?

I was told that they do fit wider than Common Projects.

Gatsbee

Reaction score
Is there anywhere to get the Burnt Orange Hoodie still? That thing is sick.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because they can't/didnt adopt a standard sizing it will result in thousands of dollars in returns. Being a WH stockist would be cool...for a second. Then everyone returns their ****. I'm not pre ordering **** until I hear more than 'a half size bigger than CPs". Fortunately there are plenty of 400 buck sneaks. Leather laces are a nice touch. Their last sneaker release was literally garbage so can't wait to see the redemption shoe!

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Damn, being in between shoe sizes suck. 43 common projects fit my feet perfectly for a 10.5 US. If theyre shorter and wider than CP's, I'm not sure if im a 43 or 44 in these.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, Brinbro has a point.

It's hard to justify paying $400 for these sneakers off quality alone. Sure, it's a quality sneaker--suede, leather, leather laces, made in italy. But still, no matter how nice the leather, it's still a small fraction of the price. There simply isn't that much leather used on a shoe.

For $400, you're paying for the design and the desire. If you like it, you want it, and you're willing to pay for it, then it's all good. But don't fool yourself into thinking that its $400 worth of quality materials (of course taking into acct standard markup to the retailer and the retailer to the consumer).

I pre-ordered because it's the cleanest looking black high top sneaker I've seen (with a zipper). I also only have 1 pair of sneakers right now (white jack purcells $50). I don't think I could have pulled the trigger if I didn't have an absolute void in my sneaker collection. But having said that...they look sick!
happy.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads