• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
^^

Per Se has (or had) Cristal by the glass, Ducasse has (or had) Dom Perignon and Chateau Petrus by the glass

confused.gif

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Just had a 1990 Chateau Leoville-Poyferre, Saint-Julien. Mmm.

_ABB_

Reaction score
Cakebread Cabernet is an outstanding wine... if you can find it. Most go to restaurants and will list for an easy 100+. If you have a good wine shop, ask them to order it there. Pick up a case, you won't regret it.
Originally Posted by audiophilia
A great Zin, a fine Pinot, a top notch Shiraz and a very disappointing Yankee sparkler. $70, $30, $50 and $33 respectively.

cakebreadzin.jpg
erath.jpg

henschke.jpg
roedererpink.jpg

_ABB_

Reaction score
Great site. Thanks! Some years are better than others and are harder to get. An awesome wine.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
out of work really early (score) so I'm celebrating with this:
2025528680043813381S500x500Q85.jpg
Great stuff, one of the first acutally interesting Beaujolais I've had. It has a much stronger backbone than the others I've tried and certainly isn't overly acidic or flabby. Well done.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by _ABB_
Great site. Thanks! Some years are better than others and are harder to get. An awesome wine.
They are all pretty mediocre in my opinion, especially at their price point (in Canada).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Cakebread Cabernet is an outstanding wine... if you can find it. Most go to restaurants and will list for an easy 100+. If you have a good wine shop, ask them to order it there. Pick up a case, you won't regret it.
It's ubiquitous. You can buy it at many grocery stores.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
It's ubiquitous. You can buy it at many grocery stores.

Grocery stores can't sell non-beer stuff in NY
frown.gif

They sell pizza rolls instead.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

It's not outstanding. It's decent. It'd be a definite buy if it cost half the price it does. But at what they charge, it's kind of outrageous.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
out of work really early (score) so I'm celebrating with this:
2025528680043813381S500x500Q85.jpg

Great stuff, one of the first acutally interesting Beaujolais I've had. It has a much stronger backbone than the others I've tried and certainly isn't overly acidic or flabby. Well done.

I had the '08 about a month ago and it was doing very well for a $20 bottle. Cant make out the vintage on your bottle. My wife and I had another K Lynch Bojo last week, Thevenet '09 at a restaurant and it was singing.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had an 05 Merry Edwards Coopersmith today.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pscolari
I had the '08 about a month ago and it was doing very well for a $20 bottle. Cant make out the vintage on your bottle. My wife and I had another K Lynch Bojo last week, Thevenet '09 at a restaurant and it was singing.

I had the one to the right at the end of March and I wasn't as happy with it:
2256148260043813381S500x500Q85.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads