• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
real talk: who the **** says still "the white man" besides 65+ year old crusty black people. Like my grandfather.

This ain't no Mr. West lyric.

Confusing username to actual ethnicity

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
real talk: who the **** says still "the white man" besides 65+ year old crusty black people. Like my grandfather.

This ain't no Mr. West lyric.

laugh.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
Confusing username to actual ethnicity

that's what i was thinking

Erenoth

Reaction score
pLEVI1-7588737t330x400.jpg

Debating whether or not to pick up this jacket. I've shopped around for a decent denim outerwear/layering piece for months, and have had my eye on this one in particularly on occasion. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best (quality-wise) I'll be able to nab under $100, as it's $67 after the ongoing promo code. There are a few fit pics posted in the past of the exact jacket in similar style to my own that I'm fond of, including the all-dark raw Canadian tuxedo that near-everyone seems to love or hate.

On a somewhat related note, is it typical to have indigo stain the weft of a pair of raws? I hot soaked the cheapest pair in my rotation a couple weeks back, and the underside of the fabric has been blue ever since. I don't mind the look, personally, but I'm curious as to whether or not this could effect the likeliness of seeing any real fading out of the jeans.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Erenoth
pLEVI1-7588737t330x400.jpg

Debating whether or not to pick up this jacket. I've shopped around for a decent denim outerwear/layering piece for months, and have had my eye on this one in particularly on occasion. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best (quality-wise) I'll be able to nab under $100, as it's $67 after the ongoing promo code. There are a few fit pics posted in the past of the exact jacket in similar style to my own that I'm fond of, including the all-dark raw Canadian tuxedo that near-everyone seems to love or hate.

On a somewhat related note, is it typical to have indigo stain the weft of a pair of raws? I hot soaked the cheapest pair in my rotation a couple weeks back, and the underside of the fabric has been blue ever since. I don't mind the look, personally, but I'm curious as to whether or not this could effect the likeliness of seeing any real fading out of the jeans.

I have one and I like it, although if I had my druthers I'd have saved up for the ridiculously expensive (and now ridiculously hard to find) MIUSA Cone Mills model instead.

Bear in mind that if you buy true-to-size, it's going to be a pretty snug fit. If you need to have full mobility when the jacket's fully buttoned, I'd recommend sizing up one. That is, unless they've changed the sizing at some point, which for all I know, they may have.

Also, yes, it's normal to have some indigo show up on the underside of the fabric, and no, it won't affect fading.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i went to go try on some glasses today
redface.gif
and i found some that looked pretty good and suited my face. ic berlin serge k was the model. they dont obstruct/distract away from my face compared to my current catastrophes
laugh.gif
theyre not as wide as it looks from the ebay listing. 53 compared to my current 56 frame..makes a big difference found it on ebay too http://cgi.ebay.ca/ic-berlin-serge-k...ht_4581wt_1139

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
all white authentics (sup synth) to go with my plaid comme shorts and wife beat for poolside proclivities?

chiggah

Reaction score
Thinking of getting 2 of these. Given that they are both different colorways and I like them, I'm unsure if having 2 leathers is a waste of money or not. Might not have time to break 2 leather cycles in.

Any thoughts? I know some people have like at least 5 TOJ pieces :S

My outfit is like clarks DB, gitman shirts and APC petit standard denim

2011-A2-Bomber1.jpg

Minimalist-DR1.jpg

Erenoth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
I have one and I like it, although if I had my druthers I'd have saved up for the ridiculously expensive (and now ridiculously hard to find) MIUSA Cone Mills model instead.

Bear in mind that if you buy true-to-size, it's going to be a pretty snug fit. If you need to have full mobility when the jacket's fully buttoned, I'd recommend sizing up one. That is, unless they've changed the sizing at some point, which for all I know, they may have.

Also, yes, it's normal to have some indigo show up on the underside of the fabric, and no, it won't affect fading.

Expensive jackets aside, how well has yours held up thus far? I'm not planning on wearing it every day, but it's definitely going to be worth the $67 with how often it gets worn in the cooler months, assuming I end up buying it. Your canadian tux fit pic is the main inspiration, per say, I was referring to, by the way. I'm unsure of how you wear yours, but I'm planning on breaking up the dark-on-dark look with a bright plaid button-up, or t-shirt and white Purcells. Thanks for clearing up my concerns regarding soaking my jeans, as well.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
all white authentics (sup synth) to go with my plaid comme shorts and wife beat for poolside proclivities?

wear with brooks bros and chinos for ultimaswag

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that's the secret plan. Jet likes short sleeve shirts after all...

Erenoth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiggah
Thanks for that! But i'm thinking to order both of them

Anymore opinions with regards to my post http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=17697 ?
smile.gif

I'm also partial to the grey coat. It's a bit more "modern" in appearance, and the asymmetrical zipper is a great touch. I may be biased as I've never been too fond of the classic styling of the brown jacket, however. From that photo alone, my only concern about the grey coat is that it could come off as "busy", but from the examples you provided of what you're usually donning, it would probably fit in well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads