• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flipsilk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Depending on the wedding, those shoes might be a little on the bold side, so you might want to balance it out with some standard mid grey trousers. I think pairing those shoes with a louder color or pattern might be too much for most weddings.

Sorry I didnt mention, they are for non black tie affairs and rehearsal dinners. One on the beach in Mexico, one on a boat in Boston Harbor, one in Miami.... If you get my drift the boldness/whismy was part of it. I do, however, think they'd look pretty great with some grey trousers...

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flipsilk
Dear Epaulet Faithful, Help me out if you would. Going into summer wedding season I just picked up these McNairy Saddles at Barney's on clearance: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-idIk8E0hwG...52.40%2BPM.png Hoping to pair them with the perfect shade/material of Walt's as i absolutely love the fit. What would be your top choices folks? Thanks in advance!
British khaki in linen would look baller. Alternatively, I like the chambray blue. And since you mention you don't mind looking flashy, red linen would look stunning(but you gotta have the cajones to pull it off).
5752981691_ba613a05a2_b.jpg

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new canvas chinos in clay arrived yesterday, and I can't emphasize how pleased I am with the product. I decided to size up one from my previous rivet chino size, and I have to say that the new size fits me much better. I'll be ordering more rivet chinos (hopefully service pants?) when I get back from my trip next week. Thanks for the stellar product, Epaulet!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
WARNING: LONG POST; TONS OF PHOTOS

Thanks for the huge writeup Stanley - it was a pleasure hanging out and good to meet your friends too!

Man, I had a rugged morning following that karaoke session. When it comes to mixing large quantities of whiskey and beer, I'm definitely "too old for that ****."

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by CHRK33
Did Mike take you to Sing Sing in the East Village? That looks like the spot.

Yes, but that was definitely the second choice.

My favorite spot is Karaoke One Seven, on 17th street between 5th and 6th Ave. It's great. They have a proper liquor license, disco balls in the rooms, killer song selection, and you can control the volume (and make it loud as hell). I give it 5 stars.

Originally Posted by flipsilk
Dear Epaulet Faithful,

Help me out if you would. Going into summer wedding season I just picked up these McNairy Saddles at Barney's on clearance:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-idIk8E0hwG...52.40%2BPM.png

Hoping to pair them with the perfect shade/material of Walt's as i absolutely love the fit.

What would be your top choices folks?

Thanks in advance!

Cool, I dig the saddle shoes! You'll want to put them with something lightweight and casual.

My first choice would be the Natural Irish Linen. That's an easy match. Wear a white shirt to make the shoes do all the talking.

Walt%20Natural%20Linen%20Lo.jpg

Walt Trouser Natural Irish Linen: $185

They'll also look really fresh with the Washed Red trousers:
Walt%20Washed%20Red%20Lo.jpg

Walt Trouser Washed Red: $175

And, as TKJTG suggested, both the Blue Chambray (easy match) and the Red Linen (bold as hell match) would look solid with the shoes.

Originally Posted by jslade
My new canvas chinos in clay arrived yesterday, and I can't emphasize how pleased I am with the product. I decided to size up one from my previous rivet chino size, and I have to say that the new size fits me much better. I'll be ordering more rivet chinos (hopefully service pants?) when I get back from my trip next week. Thanks for the stellar product, Epaulet!

Fantastic, thanks so much!

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop in and (like all those before me) espouse the great experience of visint Epaulet and talking to Mike (and his wife and the rest of the ever-growing staff). Mike's never been anything but super-enthusiastic and knowledgeable about all the clothes rolling through his doors. He hooked me up w/ a pair of shoes that made my 15-year-old sweatpant-wearing dad happy, an insane feat in and of itself. OH, and for any of you that missed out on the gray shadow dot in medium, I returned one today. Beautiful shirt, but just doesn't go w/ my wardrobe.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
lol deer in headlights
Haha, that was a rough nite.
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Just wanted to drop in and (like all those before me) espouse the great experience of visint Epaulet and talking to Mike (and his wife and the rest of the ever-growing staff). Mike's never been anything but super-enthusiastic and knowledgeable about all the clothes rolling through his doors. He hooked me up w/ a pair of shoes that made my 15-year-old sweatpant-wearing dad happy, an insane feat in and of itself. OH, and for any of you that missed out on the gray shadow dot in medium, I returned one today. Beautiful shirt, but just doesn't go w/ my wardrobe.
Thank you - it's our pleasure! Really glad that your dad liked the shoes too. Hey guys, we've got our new Sewn by Hand styles going online tomorrow. In the meantime, I've just received some great Shell Cordovan watch straps. There's three styles to choose from. Each one is entirely hand-made in San Diego. Compared to most shell straps on the market, these have heavier stitching, a thicker buckle, and a more casual appearance. They're a great match for diver, military, and flieger styles. Both the Brandy and Color #8 will age gorgeously. If you've never owned a shell strap before, definitely consider one of these - it's a great way to give your favorite watch a new look. All the straps are shown on our MKII for Epaulet Vantage watch - which is sold out at the moment but should come back in mid-August.
brandy%20watch%20strap%20main%202.jpg
Da Luca Shell Cordovan NATO Watch Strap Brandy: $175
color%208%20watch%20strap.jpg
Da Luca Shell Cordovan Watch Strap Color #8: $160
brandy%20watch%20strap%20main.jpg
Da Luca Shell Cordovan Watch Strap Brandy: $160

morkra

Reaction score
What size wrist will the smallest hole on the watch straps fit roughly?

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting on my hotel balcony near the Amalfi Coast sipping some vino, wearing a white Fred Perry polo and my chambray blue walts. Have told my fiancee so many times on this trip that I regret not buying and bringing the tangerine walt linen trousers. Man, those things would rock over here! She actually had to tell me to STFU about it and tried to find a similar pair in Napoli for me.
Have worn something by Epaulet pretty much every day I've been in Italy.
Was in Florence a day or so ago and did some shopping-dining-drinking while wearing the natural penny loafer hand sewns, red walts and the blue seer sucker shirt. Actually got a couple of compliments on the way I was dressed. No easy feat in Italy's larger.
Look forward to trying out the clay canvas trousers which will be waiting for me when I get back stateside.

Bryan_Funfetti

Reaction score
The new hand sewn's look stunning. I thought my loafer collection was complete, but the western print has me thinking otherwise
devil.gif

Now I just need to convince my wife that this will be the last pair...
wink.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Our new handsewns are up! We've got four new styles to start:

5875003420_419eb88152.jpg

Westport Boat Shoe Navy Chamois: $240
This is a straight-up classic shape done in an excellent leather. Horween Chamois has an oily, matte finish and ages beautifully. We used it back in the days on our Alden "2-Stroke Indy."

5874364336_2dc14c0b4a.jpg

Longfellow Kiltie Buckle Loafer: $295
Old-school and seriously awesome. The beaded welt makes it a bit more dressy than our other loafers. With red socks, this would kill it.

5874310296_cdcdf5ca64.jpg

Aroostook Two-tone Camp Moc: $295
The body is Navy Chromexcel and the top is sand rough-out. This guy comes on a thick natural crepe sole with a dark brown side welt.

5882271469_da4d683673.jpg

Penobscot Penny Loafer Western Print Chromexcel: $295
These are, hands-down, some of the coolest shoes that I've ever seen. The color cast is gorgeous, the western print is dope, and the contrast between the upper and sole is perfect. From a small distance, the print is really subtle, so these are actually a very wearable style. If you're thinking them over, don't wait too long - we've only got 16 pairs available.

Not to mention, they match this:
western%20belt.jpg

Western Print Chromexcel Single Prong Belt: $110
As always, we've been hard at work. Over the next few months, we'll introduce an entire line of belts and leather accessories. This "Single Prong" model will be our first product. It's an excellent all-around piece. In the next week or two, I'll get it in black and brown thick-cut Chromexcel too. I've got plenty of other tricks up my sleeve for the Fall too.

If you're into denim, take it from me - this Western Print is an incredible match for raw indigo.

Additionally, we received restocks on two of our other Penobscot styles:

Penny%20loafer%20lo.jpg

Penobscot Penny Loafer Natural Chromexcel: $275

brown%20penob%20lo.jpg

Penobscot Penny Loafer Brown Chesapeake: $275

Joe1182

Reaction score
Killing me Mike with the new Western print loafer. Hoping these come in a B come Fall because lord knows I need a pair. As an owner now of 5 pairs of the chinos, in the past two months mind you, I'll say caution to all new comers to Epaulet- it's addicting. I've been holding off on the shirting but it's time to take the plunge.

Looking forward to the shorts. Any thoughts on single vents on the jackets?- hope that isn't sacrilegious to ask on here...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads