• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so roden sent out the sneaker pre order email..

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wonder when acrimony is gonna reup on w+h i got $200 in credit with them forever and they havn't had a single piece i want in my size for months :/

Feji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide

The pain of this email...since I'm looking into real estate at the moment. My gf will be pretty pissed if i make any purchases
ffffuuuu.gif

linds_15

Reaction score

i like the shoes but wouldnt pay that much for them, just not worth that amount to me

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

are you ordering. weren't you less than impressed with one pair you had a from a few seasons ago. times may have changed tho.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
are you ordering. weren't you less than impressed with one pair you had a from a few seasons ago. times may have changed tho.
Times have changed I think. I'll probably pre-order the black zipped high tops. The ones from a few years ago were a bit cheap to the look and touch. The soles weren't hot at all and the leather was sub par. I'm hoping the rumors are true that they may be made on the CP shop floor (as rumored a Roden employee told a SF member). I'm waiting to hear some sizing info before I pull the trigger though. I'm still considering the white lows too.. just so many white sneakers already. fingers crossed they wind up corresponding to common projects so people can skip over all the sizing questions and BS..
Originally Posted by linds_15
i like the shoes but wouldnt pay that much for them, just not worth that amount to me
Nothing personal against you linds, but we should leave pricing gripes out of this in my opinion. CP's, MMM's...they all retail for $400 plus. The lux sneaker price debate has been discussed ad nauseum and those comments only perpetuate a stale back and forth.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im liking those faded jeans they model the sneakers with. cut and wash looks nice. are those f/w too?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
im liking those faded jeans they model the sneakers with. cut and wash looks nice. are those f/w too?
Yes, those are f/w to the best of my knowledge. the 'denim program' was supposed to begin last April but was delayed. From my recollection, there will be one or two raw cuts, and several washed varieties (the washed/distressed being more expensive). I would hope for October'ish time frame...($180 for raws, and progressively higher for the different washes) I got this pair of KMW's to tide me over until they release them (and assuming I like the cuts..)
devil.gif
23ab5a72.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Times have changed I think. I'll probably pre-order the black zipped high tops. The ones from a few years ago were a bit cheap to the look and touch. The soles weren't hot at all and the leather was sub par. I'm hoping the rumors are true that they may be made on the CP shop floor (as rumored a Roden employee told a SF member). I'm waiting to hear some sizing info before I pull the trigger though. I'm still considering the white lows too.. just so many white sneakers already.

fingers crossed they wind up corresponding to common projects so people can skip over all the sizing questions and BS..

Nothing personal against you linds, but we should leave pricing gripes out of this in my opinion. CP's, MMM's...they all retail for $400 plus. The lux sneaker price debate has been discussed ad nauseum and those comments only perpetuate a stale back and forth.

i hope times have changed. i'm liking the white lows, but like you i have enough white sneakers. maybe it's just me, but i'm not feeling the zipper on the highs. i feel like the leather laces makes it different enough to be unique, but the zippers just make it busy.

+1 on the price issue. sick of these back and forths.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info slack. those kmw are a good looking pair with a nice wash.
iirc last time wh released jeans they were dior 19cm skinny :/
hopefully this is not the case

linds_15

Reaction score
i didnt mean that 400+ is too much or not worth it, im sure the quality is on point with these, just that personally i wouldnt drop that much on these models, id rather go with some cps or other shoes ive had my eye on, great shoe nonetheless

Brinbro

Reaction score
Looking at the projected prices for the sneakers, and the prices at Roden, I'd say more like $200 for the raws. As far as the sneakers being worth $400, well no, they're not since it cost about 10% of that to make them, but is that the market they can go after and people will still snatch them up? Yes, obviously. CP has forever ruined the mid-baller sneaker market with their price inflation - genius really.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't remember RG being good with responding to emails, any chance they get back to us about sizing before the long weekend........

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads